Stolen Art on Teezily

TaliRachelle
posted by TaliRachelle • 2 months ago

Hey yall, just a heads up. I know Teezily is already on the radar for being a hotbed for stolen DBH art but it’s gotten even worse in the past few weeks. This particular thief that I’ve been chasing down for over a year has seemingly been kicked off of Teespring and Viralstyle and has now been uploading his collection of literally hundreds of thousands of stolen designs to Teezily. Teezily informed me that they do not ban thieves unless sales are made from the stolen designs, despite the accounts being reported for repeated theft. This makes absolutely no sense, but that’s their policy.

This thief is also still allowed to post on Teechip, so check there as well. I filed an official complaint against Teechip with the California Attorney General’s office and since then Teechip has magically prevented this thief from posting my stolen designs. Official complaints can be made online at the California AG’s website if anyone is thinking about going this route. As artists, we gotta look out for one another.

8 Replies

GeorgiaMason GeorgiaMason Human from New South Wales, Australia

Hi. I’ve just found over 40 of my designs on Teezily. So annoying. I’ve sent an email requesting they be removed but am not confident it will happen.. my work was also regularly stolen from Redbubble too but they introduced a new ‘tiled’ watermark which I hate having to use, but seems to have stopped the thieves, for the moment at least.. maybe DBH will a also have to do this..

TaliRachelle TaliRachelle Human from United States

Ugh, this truly sickens me. So sorry you’re having to deal with theft as well, Georgia. For the past two weeks, I’ve been filing IP complaints with Teezily every single day. This thief lifted my entire DBH catalogue. I use the Redbubble watermark option as well and it seems to be a pretty decent deterrent so far in my case. It’d be great if more POD sites used watermarks.

If you sent your Teezily IP complaints to their “moderation” email handle, they WILL remove your designs within 12 hours after your complaint is received (this is the time frame they quoted me). Keep in mind, on weekends they probably won’t respond until Monday. You can also send takedown requests to their web publisher, Online(dot)net/en. Scroll all the way down and select the “Report Abuse” option in the Online Help box. They’ll send you a confirmation email where you’ll need to click a link to confirm the abuse. You’ll receive a followup response from them once Teezily has taken action on your claim. I send backup takedown requests to the web hosts just in case the company selling my stolen art ignores my initial IP claims. Viralstyle is very good at ignoring claims nowadays.

I hope Teezily removes your stolen art quickly. You may have to check and recheck periodically, however, because they do allow stolen art to be re-posted. I eventually had to tell them to stop allowing my stolen art to be re-posted after it’s already been reported stolen. We’ll see how well that works out. In the meantime, my attorney is preparing some paperwork to be sent to four POD companies. It never should’ve gotten this far to begin with.

EVA3 EVA3 Human from Spain

Thank you very much for the information. It seems incredible that there are online stores like these! I have found in that store more than half of my designs sold without my permission.
I have been writing to them for days and looking for my designs for their title since they don´t credit the artists. They are using designs from many artists that I know, surely if their permission. I have other stores but I create exclusive designs for DBH. Also, they ask me if I can prove that the designs are mine! I’m very tired of that abuse.

GeorgiaMason GeorgiaMason Human from New South Wales, Australia

EVA3 Yes, it is so annoying. I have created a proforma which I email to demand my designs be removed. If you send me a message, I can email it to you. I find that if I send a link to either my instagram page showing the design, or my etsy store, where I have previously uploaded it, they will accept that as being my original design. If you don’t have these options, maybe you can take a photo of your original design with a few pencils, or paint brushes on the side, to show that you are the original artist? Good luck

@EVA3 It seems most of the shady POD sites rarely credit the “artists”. Even the ones that do identify the “artist” it’s usually a false name or just a bunch of numbers. I don’t see how Spreadshirt still hasn’t figured out that all those user names starting with 303 are thieves. Unfortunately, many of the sites feature a very high percentage of stolen artworks that the original creators are unaware of. I agree that’s it abuse. It’s also abuse of the Safe Harbor Law and it’s gross neglect on their part to knowingly allow and even welcome these criminals to use their platforms for illegal profits. I’ll never understand why they have copyright policies in place when they don’t even police their own sites for copyright violations. It’s disgusting.

EVA3 EVA3 Human from Spain

Thank you very much for the advice GeorgiaMason and TaliRachelle. They have written to me saying that they are going to eliminate my designs from their store. I hope it is that way and that this website will be eliminated due to lack of success in the future.

@EVA3 You’re welcome :) I, too, hope Teezily and other POD companies with shady operations fail miserably and fade from existence.

Dramabite Dramabite Human from Poland

Hi, everyone

I’ve found another Amazon account that seems to be stealing THOUSANDS of designs from the artists. Seems like many come from DBH.
Cant’s post links, but search for ‘Vendax’ on Amazon

Please check out if there’s any of yours or someone’s you know and report as soon as possible. Hopefully after multiple copyright reports this account would get shut down.

Do you artists, think there’s anything we can do to make DBH act on this matter and watermark our pictures?

DBH, are you even considering introducing any ways to protect our art from being blatantly stolen? The art preview on product pages shows big images and it takes seconds to grab artwork that took us hours to create. It’s not just the artists loosing, but DBH also it at loss!

Please log in to add your comment.