Design By Humans & Wacom® Presents, See What You Can Do!In a Design By Humans Timed Tournament
When two companies with the same passion for design get together, only one thing can happen...Greatness. Design By Humans and Wacom challenge you to create a t-shirt design, in a Head to Head Tournament style bracket where 3 winners will be selected, and one grand prize winner will be crowned.
Anyone who chooses to participate will get one shot to make it to the head to head tournament. Design By Humans will randomly select a topic, then contestants will have 60 minutes to create their design and upload artwork, thumbnail, and placement images. Anyone can participate, but only 32 will advance. Design By Humans will select the top 32 based on votes, comments, community response, printability, trends and marketability.
Head to Head Tournament
Contestants who are selected for the Head to Head Tournament, will be paired against one another and given the same topic. Design By Humans will randomly select a topic, and contestants will have 60 minutes to create their artwork, thumbnail, and placement images. Community members will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite interpretation of the topic in a head to head vote off.
The Head to Head Tournament will require new artwork for each round you progress. Therefore, please be aware that you must give 60 minutes of your time each week, as long as you stay in the tournament. Failure to comply will result in an automatic disqualification.
How The Contest Works
Once you click "Start" contestants will get 60 minutes to complete a design and upload a thumbnail, artwork, and placement images in the same format as the daily contest. The artwork should represent the category that you've been given and you will be judged on how well you've executed it.
- Anyone can submit a design for the qualification round
- Contestants will have 60 minutes to submit their t-shirt designs
- The 60 minute countdown begins once you click "Start"; after clicking start your topic will be given to you
- The top 32 designs will be selected by Design By Humans to advance to the Head to Head Tournament
- In the Head to Head Tournament, you will have 60 minutes to complete your design
- If you make it to the Head to Head Tournament, you must complete your entry within 4 days of the new round starting.
- The community will vote on the Head to Head Tournament entries to determine out of the 2 entries, who has executed the design challenge the best
- Winner will move into the next round
- Winning designers will get a new category and opponent each week they progress
- The top three winners will receive Wacom tablets, cash, and their t-shirts printed
Entries will be judged on the quality and execution of the topic that contestants have been given along with votes, comments, community response, printability, trends and marketability.
Contestants will have 60 minutes to complete their T-Shirt design. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification. Disqualification may also occur if a contestant progresses to the next tournament round and does not supply a new design entry within the allotted 96 hour timeline.
Contestant may also be disqualified for submitting artwork that contains copyrighted images or rip-offs of other artists.
Work In Progress Video Challenge
While working on your entry, we invite you to take the Work In Progress Video Challenge. We ask that you record a video using your Wacom tablet while creating your entry. Please post all videos to our Facebook wall, and the top video will receive $100 from Design By Humans.
- All submissions are reviewed by DBH before posting to DesignByHumans.com for fans to vote on. DBH does not allow profanity, pornographic, or racist imagery or verbiage. Additionally, anything Wacom doesn't like will be rejected.
- Design By Humans will select the top 32 finalists, and the community will select the winners of the tournament each week.
- The final top 3 winning designs will be turned into tee shirts and sold by Design By Humans.
- 1st Place
$1500 + Intuos5 medium wireless
- 2nd Place
$1250 + Bamboo Create Tablet
- 3rd Place
$1000 + Bamboo Splash Tablet
Work In Progress Video Winner
$100 + 2 DBH Tees
- August 10, 2012
Qualification Round begins
- August 24, 2012
Round 1 begins with top 32 submissions
- August 31, 2012
Round 2 begins with the top 16 finalists
- September 7, 2012
Round 3 begins with the top 8 finalists
- September 14, 2012
Round 4 begins with the top 4 finalists
- October 8, 2012
Top 3 Winners are announced
See what you can do.