Has artwork final print size decreased?

unaiast
posted by unaiast • 4 weeks ago

I’ve re-purchased 3 t-shirts that i already owned (purchased during 2015 and end of 2016, same size and color), and when i received them i noticed that the print size is now smaller than in the previous t-shirts. Using a ruler for measurement, i’ve seen that all of them are printed 20 percent smaller than when i purchased them 2 years ago. I contacted customer service and they re-sent me the t-shirts again, and they have the same print size, 20 percent smaller than 3 years ago, so this was not a printing problem.

Do you know when was the final print size reduced? (and why?) The web thumbnails have not changed, and a change on the print size like this makes some designs worse. A design that looks great in the web could be too small in the final print due to this size reduction.

4 Replies

CassieDBH CassieDBH Staff from California, United States

@unaiast- We haven’t changed anything about our DTG printing process since 2015. Would you mind shooting us a photo of the two different sized graphics to art@designbyhumans.com so that we can take a closer look?

unaiast unaiast Human from Spain

I’ve just sent the email with the photos attached. Hope it helps clarify what happened. Upon receiving the second order from support and seeing it was the same size, I’d already accepted that there was a size change sometime in the past, but it’d be great to know what happened exactly.

Thanks for your help.

biotwist biotwist Artist from new jersey, United States

I feel the same way. last year I was still uploading PNGs sized 19×25”

unaiast unaiast Human from Spain

@biotwist. I contacted support and they told me they found the problem with my order and fixed it. I’ve just received the tshirts with the correct print size.
Thanks to @CassieDBH and all the support people who helped solving this. I’m really impressed with the quick response and fix.

Please log in to add your comment.