Stolen Art on Amazon, DBH - introduce watermarks!

Dramabite
posted by Dramabite • 1 month ago

Hi, I stumbled on an Amazon account that seems to be stealing THOUSANDS of designs from the artists. Seems like many come from DBH.
Cant’s post links, but search for ‘Vendax’ on Amazon

Please check out if there’s any of yours or someone’s you know and report as soon as possible. Hopefully after multiple copyright reports this account would get shut down.

DBH, are you even considering introducing any ways to protect our art from being blatantly stolen? The art preview on product pages shows big images and it takes seconds to grab artwork that took us hours to create. It’s not just the artists loosing, but DBH also it at loss!

4 Replies

biotwist biotwist Artist from new jersey, United States

watermarks dont work and hurt sales

Dramabite Dramabite Human from Poland

What do you base your opinion on? They turned to be very efficient on both Redbubble and Teepublic. What hurts sales is letting thieves copy graphics and upload them wherever they want

biotwist biotwist Artist from new jersey, United States

show me your facts thats it’s working for them, neither company sells on amazon, I know from working with Teefury that people are less likley to purchases stuff with watermarks in in the first place and theives have no problem getting rid of the marks

Dramabite Dramabite Human from Poland

Designs uploaded exclusively to Redbubble and Teepublic with watermarks miraculously stopped showing up elsewhere, not just for me, but for many other people who had enough of filling infringement forms, just refer to whatever POD forum. Amazon’s previews are too small to enable copying, seems that it’s just where thieves upload, not copy from. People might be less likely to purchase watermarked images, I don’t deny that, as I don’t have access to statistics, but properly done watermarks DO work. Tiled ones, especially on detailed multicoloured images are impossible to remove without investing time, so thieves don’t bother. Don’t like watermarks – don’t use them, but maybe others, who prefer securing their right over sales, would like to have an option

Please log in to add your comment.