Shirt Templates

eembach
posted by eembach • 3 years ago

I know DBH prints (or has printed) in more colors than they claim to in the templates section where they list all their tee colors… So why are they not included? Is the DBH team moving away from these colors (have some tagged) and promoting mainly the earthy ones (with the exception of the grass green, turquoise, light yellow, and red)? I like to balance my shirt collection out based on tee color and style, so this is a bummer for me if there are only going to be prints in the colors listed in the templates =’(... I know its a bit whiny but I kinda wish there were more colors for the designers to choose from….

13 Replies

thestray thestray Artist from United States

Nah, they haven’t moved away from any colors. Those tagged colors are newer additions that weren’t available when those t-shirt templates were created. So it’s not like they were up in the templates and taken down, they were just never added to that page, even though they were announced in the forum.

But you bring up a good point that the templates should be updated, so that designers know about all the colors they really have at their disposal. Maybe if I have time I’ll make newer templates myself.

eembach eembach Human from TX, United States

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info, and an early thanks if you update the templates too.

Intrepid Intrepid Artist from

http://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/detail/6179
Tears of Gaia is hunter-green which does have a template. You do have a point though.

Intrepid said: http://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/detail/6179 Tears of Gaia is hunter-green which does have a template. You do have a point though.

True, I was confused on the color of that one =p.

ALFBOC ALFBOC Artist from

@ thestray, hey their buddy, can we request actual pantone color of each body color?
I think its better to create design when you know the actual color specially on design color combination.
:D

Ta-da!

Kelly 362
Light Purple 2577U
Burnt Orange 1595
Burgundy 492
Mint 621 (slightly more white)
Red 1797 or 200U
Yellow 7401
Oatmeal 406
Navy 5395U or 296U
Silver CG4U or CG5U or 421
Lt Blue 290C or 7457U
Turquoise 7466U
Grass 7489U
Hunter 5535U
Olive 448U
Taupe 410C 411C 437U
Chocolate BlackC 412C
Lead 419U 433C

I think since they started including AA blanks you can also design on whatever color they have, I don’t know the pantones for those. I’ll look into it. Or you can probably ask Wotto.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hi folks.

I was going to address this today but you guys beat me to it.
We are still using the colors in the template section BUT I have a philosophy that if the artwork is good enough we will try and honor the color the designer designed on and seek out the blank. However, the designers should be sticking to the colors we show in the templates. Sourcing other blanks is time consuming and slows production down. We use AA occasionally because we want to be sure we can offer our tees on a premium blank.

Pantones for AA can be found here:
http://americanapparel.net/wholesaleresources/colors.asp

Okee dokee, thanks for the clarification wotto.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

These are the personal Pantone colors I use for the DBH blanks. I did this before I worked here and it differs slightly to the one above. Yes I do own that many DBH tees, lol!

Black – Black
Lead – 425C
Silver – 428C
Dark Chocolate – 4625C
Taupe – 437C
Oatmeal – 726C
Olive – 404C (more brown than olive)
Hunter Green – 554C
Grass Green – 367C
Navy – 546C
Cool Blue – 290C
Turquoise – 3115C
Light Yellow – 600C
Soft Red – 179 C
Burnt Orange – 158C
Kelly Green – 361C
White – White

rtofirefly rtofirefly Artist from United States

So basically anything that doesn’t have a template (Kelly Green, Ash, Cream, Steel Blue, Soft Red, Light Purple, etc etc.) are ones that you guys have to pay extra to have made? That’s good to know. So you’d prefer if people didn’t use those tee colors then if they can avoid it?

rtofirefly said: So basically anything that doesn’t have a template (Kelly Green, Ash, Cream, Steel Blue, Soft Red, Light Purple, etc etc.) are ones that you guys have to pay extra to have made? That’s good to know. So you’d prefer if people didn’t use those tee colors then if they can avoid it?

No, any color that doesn’t have a pantone provided up above they have to seek out.

rtofirefly rtofirefly Artist from United States
thestray said:
rtofirefly said: So basically anything that doesn’t have a template (Kelly Green, Ash, Cream, Steel Blue, Soft Red, Light Purple, etc etc.) are ones that you guys have to pay extra to have made? That’s good to know. So you’d prefer if people didn’t use those tee colors then if they can avoid it?

No, any color that doesn’t have a pantone provided up above they have to seek out.

Ah, okay thanks. Then does anyone know if we’re going to get model templates for all the other DBH blank colors like some of the ones I mentioned? Not necessary I guess, but it would be nice :)

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember