AI vs PSD vs CorelDraw

dicsyen
posted by dicsyen • 3 years ago

Just to ask,among the 3 graphic softwares (Illustrator, Photoshop, CorelDraw) which one is preferred and mainly used by designers od DBH?

25 Replies

slamgirl65 slamgirl65 Artist from Michigan, United States

I love Corel Draw myself. It’s less expensive, uses less ram, and I get really nice results if I want to combine vector and bitmaps. If I need to design something for an adobe user I can simply save a version in AI format, PDF, SVG, or PSD if I’m using painter. I’ve never had a problem doing this for clients. I’ve also never had any trouble editing downloaded resources and assets. I’ve also got a built-in Pantone guide. Draw and Illustrator essentially do all of the same things, it’s just that there are so many people in the industry using Illustrator that it’s developed a better reputation than Draw. If you go to a lot of countries in Europe though, it’s the exact opposite.

Ingkong Ingkong Artist from Philippines

I prefer PHOTOSHOP...:D

graphicollapse graphicollapse Artist from garut, Indonesia

now i do with photoshop :) goodbye corel

HardCandyGFX HardCandyGFX Artist from Czech Republic

When you view a painting, does it matter to you whether the painter used a horse-hair brush or a synthetic one?
Use the tools you are comfortable with, and your art will benefit from it. Your post makes quite clear you prefer Corel to PS, so why even consider changing?

HardCandyGFX HardCandyGFX Artist from Czech Republic

LOL, forget that last line… I read slamgirl65’s post as if it was the OP…. my bad.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember