distressed look

Skaicandy
posted by Skaicandy • 5 years ago

what kind of printing method would make a black design on a charcoal t look distressed? (the design not the shirt itself)
or would i have to change the color of the design? make it look distressed myself?
it seems like there would be a printing method or ink or something that would get that effect, im not familiar with screen printing itself =/ haha

OR

would i get like a black discharge ink on a distressed t?

i honestly have no idea, any help would be amazing haha

*hate to say it, but im talking about the sort of look affliction clothing does v.v i want that distressed design look

6 Replies

Oddeti Oddeti Artist from

I usually add the distress myself. Post it up so we can see exactly what you mean.

chev chev Artist from United States

add ur own ‘distress’ get a couple of grunge brushes and go crazy either with the eraser tool or with brush .. watever floats ur boat..

thestray thestray Artist from United States

I think DBH will add distress to it if you request… I think.

qetza qetza Artist from

You would probably be better off creating the distressed (weathered) look yourself, that way you have more control over the image.

asher2789 asher2789 Artist from United States

depends on the program you use…

i just take a stock grunge image (like wrinkled paper) make it black and white with the distressing part black and the background white and save it as a .tiff with transparency so the white doesnt save… then place it on an image and make it the shirt colour.

for photoshop i do a colour overlay on the image so it matches the shirt, in illustrator i just have it selected and change the fill colour to the colour of the shirt.

Skaicandy Skaicandy Artist from United States

alright thanks everyone for help =)
i’ll try all suggestions today =) i appreciate it

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission