20% Off Sitewide, Code: FREEDOM2014 Sale Ends 7/10/2014 Screen Printed Limited Edition $12 Tanks

Artists Applying for a Store - READ THIS

wotto
posted by wotto • 8 months ago

Hello,

If you are a new artist applying for a store these tips will help:

1. PORTFOLIO LINK – You should showcase your very best digital work for consideration. You should:-
a. Own the rights to the art.
b. Use a legitimate portfolio site (coroflot, behance, dribbble, carbonmade) Not Facebook.
c. Your portfolio should show a minimum of 12 pieces of finished digital art.
d. Should showcase art that can be printed on T-shirts, phone cases and as wall art.

2. Make sure you have a DBH profile before submitting.

3. If you are an established brand already you will not be given a store at Design By Humans.

4. Be an active member of our community. If you have just signed up and never taken part in voting or commenting you may not get approved.

5. Please do not submit copyrighted, ripped, stolen, offensive, drugs etc art because you will be rejected without question. If you get a store and add any of the above your store can be deactivated at Design By Humans discretion.

If you follow the above you should have no issues getting approved. Best of luck and welcome to the new, fast growing Collectives.

70 Replies

Senoy Senoy Human from Hungary

Heyy
Thank you for your fast reply :) i will refresh my portfolio.
Senoy

EnoLa EnoLa Human from United States

@Senoy
I suggest upping the contrast in Photoshop then switching to Illustrator and using image trace if you want to quickly digitalize your hand-drawn work :)

wotto wotto Staff: Creative Director from CA, United States
Gelzzky Gelzzky Human from United States

I’ve been wanting to be an artist here as well, been denied once, I am planning to make a new portfolio but I am not sure which art style should I focused on, I can make vector arts and I can also make digital paintings, which is more suitable style here?

wotto wotto Staff: Creative Director from CA, United States

@Geizzky – Which ever style is your strongest. You will require 12 pieces of art in your portfolio as a minimum, You should have pieces that work on all 3 products that we offer. We ask for this because if you are given a store you have 48 product slots that you’ll be expected to fill.

Gelzzky Gelzzky Human from United States

Thank you for the reply, I will do that.

BeanePod BeanePod Human from NC, United States

Good info to know. I’ve been on Threadless forever but very new to DBH. Thanks!

bigcarva bigcarva Human from

I need put my artwork on a T-shirt before a submit the file or just submit the artwork file?

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

Just the artwork

bigcarva bigcarva Human from

Thanks Inked

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember