Frustration: Editing Details/Info on Designs

slamgirl65
posted by slamgirl65 • 2 months ago

Hi All,

I’ll start out by saying I generally try to be pretty careful when submitting designs to make sure everything is perfect. But recently, after having pulled an all-nighter, I caught myself making a goof in the title of one of my designs that had already been approved. I was a bit frustrated to find that I when I hit the edit button I still couldn’t change it. I ended up pulling it and resubmitting because accuracy is just that important. Is there another way?

5 Replies

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

Unfortunately there isn’t another way. The primary reason behind this is because the title is part of the product URL.

Allowing titles to change means we have to allow URLs to change which means 301 redirecting every URL every time it’s changed which causes havoc with promotions, email campaigns that link to products etc. It’s not something we’re happy with, but for the immediate future it isn’t something we intend on letting you change.

There would have to be some significant shifts in approval processes to allow that to happen and that’s just not on the schedule right now.

slamgirl65 slamgirl65 Artist from Michigan, United States

Interesting, thanks for the detailed response. I didn’t know it was that complex. I’ll just make sure to be extra careful in the future.

I try to be as open and transparent as I can be!

artbymimulux artbymimulux Human from Bacs-Kiskun, Hungary

i was just facing the same problem yesterday. it took me ages to figure out how to remove the design in the first place. i finally figured it out.. now .. i am trying to resubmit since last night.. no go. any info on that please ?

You’ll need to provide me a bit more than “no go”. Were you receiving an error message? If so what was it? What browser and version are you running on what computer OS? How large is the file you are attempting to upload? Is it a non-interlaced PNG?

More always helps!

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember