No PayPal ... then what?

btphoto
posted by btphoto • 4 months ago

I can’t have a PayPal account. I was robbed for around $800 by them years ago, and since I tried suing them to get my money back, they have permanently banned me. No one in my family or anyone using the same address or bank account can have a PayPal account either. I truly hate PayPal. I wish you guys sent out checks or did direct deposit. Thousands of people have has similar experiences with them. Just check out paypalsucks.com or any of the other websites where people post their PayPal horror stories.

8 Replies

btphoto btphoto Human from NJ, United States

*have had – sorry for that mistake.

ADAMLAWLESS ADAMLAWLESS Artist from Johor Bahru, Marshall Islands

oh boy, so sorry to hear that,...now I have some worries :-(

I wish they’d say something here about only paying with stupid PayPal before you finish signing up and start selling. Now I have a small amount of money earned that I’ll probably never see. I guess I should close up shop here before I earn more money I’ll never see, lol

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

Currently PayPal is the only approved payment method for a variety of reasons. We’ve been looking into alternate payment methods for artists who are unable to receive payments via PayPal for a variety of reasons, however, it isn’t as simple as cutting a check.

The current system is largely automated with fees being able to be pre-determined and withheld saving the artists some cash. Mailing a check has expenses that are not known until the postage is generated and would have to be manually processed which could potentially increase the fees.

As I said above, we’ve been looking into alternate methods for some time, but as of right now PayPal is the only approved method. Should that change, we’ll update you all immediately.

Oh well, I guess I’m screwed then. Enjoy my earnings I guess. Have a cup of coffee and a sandwich on me or something. I’ll have to close up shop here.

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

I definitely wouldn’t say you’re screwed and I was largely speaking to the current system that is in place.

I would contact your AAE or Wotto (wotto@designbyhumans.com) in regards to this issue, they may be able to get you sorted out.

I could try, thanks.

Ok, it looks like I am indeed screwed, lol Oh well, I tried, lol

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember