how to make digital art?

adjie77
posted by adjie77 • 9 months ago

i’ve been working hard to make graphic design in sketch book, but i have no idea how people on DBH make those stunning art.. please, can someone give a clue how that “thing” done…
i’m kinda frustating because i’ve been spending much time for those graphic, but it just stuck on paper. i hope i can digitalize it.

7 Replies

ADAMLAWLESS ADAMLAWLESS Artist from Johor Bahru, Marshall Islands

hello, perhaps this video might help. we usually use softwares like adobe photoshop, adobe illustrator or along the line …try google, it might help u lot more, goodluck :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh4u35z6WiA

adjie77 adjie77 Human from Indonesia

thank you!! but, i want to ask is it normal that you spend hours only to make one design? i mean about 3 or 5 hours? i’ve seen your lionpanda, is it take quite long time too?..thanks..

DesignsbyReg DesignsbyReg Artist from Cebu, Philippines

@adjle77
3-5hours ain’t even enough. Most famous artworks or cool looking arts that you see take like a whole day. But it depends on what the design your working on is. The from sketch – finalization, most artist that I know take around 16hours i guess? or even more… It depends on what style, if you’re experimenting or if you’re used to a style.

@adjie77 – it depends on how much you want on a design, that LionPanda took me about 24 hrs. You need to have love in what you do get contented, people will appreciate it and you will want to do more, you will get hungry, that is a good sign to success :-)

@DesignsbyReg – yeah, agree :-)

adjie77 adjie77 Human from Indonesia

a whole day? wow..i didn’t expect that, well.. that explain why all of you can make those stunning art..
you know, in my country commonly all the artist here use corel, (especially t-shirt designer) .in addition , until now, i only know that they only work for it for 3-5 hours, not 24 hours.. and, honestly i don’t satisfied for some reason..when i see DBH for the first time, the first thing pop up in my mind = how-to-make-it?
ah, and do you think i need to buy a wacom? one of my friend said it was “must have” tool…. :D

DesignsbyReg DesignsbyReg Artist from Cebu, Philippines

@adjle77 – It’s not a must have. I think it depends on your “style” or art preference. If you want, you can practice on the pen tool, mostly useful in illustrator/vector based programs. You can still make amazing art. Check out Hydro74, he producces stunning kickasss animal vectors, and from what I’ve heard from his interviews/read on articles. He doesn’t use the tablet, he prefers the mouse instead because it gives him more control over his art. :D

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember