A T-Shirt Color Option for the Daily Shirts (DTG)

cosmicsecret
posted by cosmicsecret • 1 year ago

Hello DBH Staff!
recently many of the daily shirts are digital prints (DTG).
I have no problem with that since your DTG´s are superb compared to the other shirt shops out there! but may i suggest offering a
option to choose the T-Shirt color?
Like you do in the DBH Collective Shops.
Maybe just for the premiere day when the shirt goes live for the first time.

This could increase the sales and the customers have a option to choose – a win win situation ;-)

I´m suggestion this because my closet is filling up with way to many black shirts and some of the designs would be great on a red or a navy shirt.

Just food for thought! :)
Thank you for reading,
all the best from germany

11 Replies

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hi,
This is a good idea and I’m sure would give customers another reason to buy awesome tees. There is probably a large amount of development involved to make it happen so it’s something I’d need to take to the tech wizards. Definitely a worthwhile idea, thanks for contributing.

biotwist biotwist Artist from new jersey, United States

wait what? some of the new shirt of the days arent screen printed anymore?

ADAMLAWLESS ADAMLAWLESS Artist from Johor Bahru, Marshall Islands

I try avoid design w black shirt but sometime just cant help it, anyway this good, i know what to n not to, tks! :)

XDot XDot Human from Greece

isnt black the best colour? :P
i dont like white at all..
i would love more tees in Cardinal colour..
Turquoise,Harbour Bleu,Sage Heather and Kelly Green seem very nice choices

cosmicsecret cosmicsecret Human from Germany

From a processing point – this should not be too much of a problem if you have in example 3 garment colors to chose from. I mean DTG is printed on demand and when the orders from Day1, when the shirt goes live are in, you can easily tell how much of each color & size you need to be printed.
In this way you could also get rid of overstock in colors/sizes by offering some designs in those colors.
From a technical point i can see that the website and the ordering system has to be tweaked for that.
But i doubt that its impossible.
Would really love that option :)

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

The ability to do this isn’t impossible, it’s just a matter of implementation and building functionality which is essentially time. I don’t think there isn’t anyone at DBH who thinks this wouldn’t be a good addition, but it’s all about prioritizing current projects along with time sensitive big fixes, tweaks etc that impact the user experience now along with new feature requests. The balancing act of using our resources wisely!

I’ll be the first to admit we’ve launched a few tees where I personally would have liked a different color blank based on nothing more than personal color preferences so I can easily imagine the choice to select one, two or even maybe three possible colors would be a welcome change for all our customers. I couldn’t say if we will do it or even when if we decided to, but it’s definitely a worthwhile idea to bring up and have a discussion about.

@biotwist – Yep. We’ve DTGed numerous Shirt of the Day wins. Wotto is that good that you didn’t even notice the difference!

I fully understand your points Inked.
Time is money – no doubt.
IMHO there are no negative aspects or risks in having this implented.
Heck you can even advertise this new feature and have a new “event” on DBH.
From a sales tactics point there are no risks in losing sales…no just more sales!

But as i said its food for thought and i (and many other customers) would be very happy to have a option to chose the color of the blank shirt for the daily DTG´s design!

Wish you all a fantastic weekend – i´m going to leave for a vacation to Ireland now!
later!

biotwist biotwist Artist from new jersey, United States

there is a risk is it bugs up the webpage…. and shirt of the days are printed ahead of time for to handle the surge sale… you cant do with the day of sales so yes they would loose money either of those ways

@Biotwist :
That would make sense for screen printed shirts but not for DTG printed. I highly doubt that they DTG print 500 shirts ahead of time.

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

Any tee whether that be DBH Collective or Digitally Printed SOTDs are not printed ahead of time. We print every single one after the order is placed. Printing them before hand would mean they are no longer custom printed for every order which is the single biggest upside of DTG, no pre-selected and printed on hand inventory sitting on a shelf other than blanks which in theory would allow you the ability to customize your tee. Digitally Printed SOTDs that have single color blanks selected do allow us to plan inventory much easier because we don’t have to forecast potential sales for multiple colors as we do with DBH Collective where we have to forecast for 180 different color/size combinations, but just because it might add more day to day work for us doesn’t mean it isn’t worth doing for you.

I don’t personally see any downside to the idea from the point of view of my position, but I can’t speak for everyone as most of what would be involved would take place outside of my job scope. If it was as simple as tossing a few color choice boxes into the product pages I think we would have it already. There is however a lot of small things that would have to be tweaked from the website itself to the database to the automated print processes. It would be a more involved than expected due to how highly customized and automated our DTG process is compared to some other companies.

thesimplyshit thesimplyshit Artist from Malacca, Malaysia, Singapore

emm…good idea! I prefer light colour’s shirt.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember