Lowering international shipping costs

cosmicsecret
posted by cosmicsecret • 1 year ago

Hello DBH Team,
i was wondering if you could lower your shipping prices for the international customers?
I know that the USPS raised the shipping prices on Jan 27th this year.

I had no problem paying $7.90 for the shipping of one shirt to germany.
Now its nearly the double which is sad – i see all those nice designs for the shirt of the day for $15 and then paying $13.75 for shipping…sorry that´s nearly the same cost of the t-shirt.

All those day-a-shirt sites managed to get good shipping rates for their international customers…they charge $4-5 a shirt .
I don´t know if you are able to get such a deal with UPS/USPS or any other postal service but your international customers would appreciate a lower shipping cost. :)

11 Replies

HardCandyGFX HardCandyGFX Artist from Czech Republic

I read somewhere in the forums that there is talk of arranging a flat-rate shipping rate. So I guess we just have to wait. :-)

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

You are correct USPS raised their rates quite a bit in January. HardCandyGFX is correct as well, we’ve been working on a flat-rate shipping service that will bring down the prices of international shipping quite a bit, but it isn’t quite ready for release yet. I’ve also been meeting with other carrier services to negotiate additional international shipping options for an additional alternative or two. I’d like to provide you with some options, but only if they compliment each other.

Rest assured we’re on the task and the shipping costs won’t remain at their current levels for much longer.

cosmicsecret cosmicsecret Human from Germany

Inked : that would be really great! Thank you both for your replies!

especially todays tee is such a nice design which i would love to purchase right now – but as i said shipping kills the daily deal for me :(

when i purchase 2 shirts = custom fees apply because they add the shipping price into the value – can´t wait for your new options!!! :)

That shouldn’t be occurring. Your declared customs value is the order subtotal minus any discounts which doesn’t include shipping because its an ancillary cost that does not increase or decrease the value of the package itself . Shipping doesn’t enter into the equation when customs documentation is generated or pre-filed ahead of the shipment. Essentially, what Design By Humans declares to US Customs ahead of export is the amount we charged you for the merchandise only which should ensure you are being taxed appropriately should any taxes/duties/fees be imposed on the package during import.

Well thats good to know that you are not adding the shipping into the total value!
but sometimes customs do random picks and open the package.then i have to bring a bill or any receipt of payment to them and then i need to pay custom fees on the total incl. shipping (when i´m over the total of $36 or 27€)
Anyways i´m looking forward to the flat rate pricing for shipping!
Do you got a ETA for the new option?
Thank you

We declare the value as such precisely to help you in that situation. Taxing your transport fee on top of the merchandise is pretty ruthless and unfortunate.

As far as the ETA on the new service, soon is my best answer. We’ve finalized the service details, but there are additional pieces that need to be completed and set into place before it’s usable. Once we implement those and test them to ensure appropriate routing and delivery time frames we’ll let you at it.

today i saw that the Free Shipping for international customer orders ($125 and up) is gone and instead you have to pay a $10 flat rate? :-(

Late last week we did change the the free shipping promotion to a flat rate promotion of $10 for orders exceeding $125 and weighting less than 4lbs (the service used caps out at 4lbs which is approximately 8-14 tees depending on size). We’re continuing to examine the offering, but for the moment we believe it’s a fair compromise for both you and us.

bgre bgre Human from Germany

Well, I hope that this is not the final change on shipping. The $10 “shipping flat” is no improvement at all: It just makes orders above $125 more expensive.

ronnb ronnb Human from

As of now, international shipping to my location makes any new shirts very expensive, thus I will not be buying anytime soon until some sort of better USPS becomes available.

If your order subtotal exceeds $125 after discounts and your order does not exceed 4lbs your shipping costs are only $10. Depending on if it’s a men’s or women’s, the size and what is printed on it, 4lbs is approximately 8-14 shirts. That’s a good amount of shirts for the shipping cost.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission