New human

maryamzulfi
posted by maryamzulfi • 1 year ago

I’m new to DBH and I could use some feedback. I’ve been working hard on a design and I read the manual and followed all the instructions, but it won’t let me submit. It loads the art work plus I filled out all the required fields but it won’t submit. Can you help with that.Thanks :)

10 Replies

JeffDBH JeffDBH Staff: Head Geek In Charge from California, United States

Are you getting an error message? 9/10 times is the wrong image size.

starry_eyez starry_eyez Artist from Sri Lanka

@JeffDBH That is very true,Happened to me yesterday.

@ marymzulfi,Check out ur picture dimensions again.

and don’t forget the Thumbnail size is 320 × 240 Pixels.

Cheers.

maryamzulfi maryamzulfi Human from Pakistan

@ JeffDBH Thank you. Uh actually it doesn’t give any error message it loads the pictures, but when I click on submit nothing happens :(

@ starry_eyez yeah I rechecked the dimensions they are fine. Also it says in the instructions that the images should be 300 DPI which means pixels per inch right?

Any way thanks so much for replying … I’ll just keep trying :)

thestray thestray Artist from United States

The file you create the work in should be 300dpi, but images you submit for display should be much smaller, like 72dpi.

Zanito Zanito Human from Philippines

so is that all we should know? maybe there’s more tips please.

Zanito Zanito Human from Philippines

so is that all we should know? maybe there’s more tips please.

starry_eyez starry_eyez Artist from Sri Lanka

@maryamzulfi You’re welcome.
Keep your original design in 300 dpi,14 × 19 Inches size.But on the submission page you have to upload low resolution images of your design.72 dpi images.NOT 300 dpi.
And these images should be kept lower capacity like around 150 KB.(for artwork and placement)
And for the thumbnail picture around 25 Kb.So they will load quickly.
I hope this helps.

deaddreamer deaddreamer Artist from Austria

the topic with 72 dpi or 300 dpi is maybe a tad confusing, so i try another approach: for the submission page you need three images, 1x thumbnail (320 × 240 pixel), 2x voting images (mockup and artwork detail) – each 640×480 pixel. for those you don’t need to worry about the dpi. just make a template in photoshop with the correct pixel size and you are done for the mockups.

now for some smartass info: dpi is a measure for print. it is soley used for that purpose. the only useful measurement how big something gets displayed on the screen is the pixel size. what you do have on the screen are ppi – pixels per inch – but the ppi differs depending on the output device – more regarding that topic via wikipedia

jcthomas jcthomas Artist from Buenos Aires Capital Federal, Argentina

may be a browser issue, try Internet Explorer, Google Croome, firefox .. etc.
My google Croome not let me!!

maryamzulfi maryamzulfi Human from Pakistan

Thanks so much everybody for your input :) I’ll be submitting my first design shortly now. It’s nice to see that the DBH community is so helpful :D Cheers.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember