Programs for design?

carpalman
posted by carpalman • 2 years ago

I wanted to create a design but i’m not sure what program is best. Can someone please help me?

6 Replies

deaddreamer deaddreamer Artist from Austria

that really depend what way you work. generally adobe photoshop and adobe illustrator are used a lot. the workflow differs a lot from artist to artist, you have to see what works foryou the best.

carpalman carpalman Human from United States

ok thx

deaddreamer deaddreamer Artist from Austria

the important thing, no matter which programs you are using is to get a good understanding about the process of apparel printing – it is quite different from normal offset printing. tshirts are generally silkscreened, which requires a different approach how to do things.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hi Carpalman,

I would suggest getting both on Adobe free trail download and spending as much time on both as possible, see which one you are more comfortable with. I personally prefer illustrator but many of the designers here use photoshop. It’s a matter of what fits your workflow best.

iamrobman iamrobman Artist from Batangas CIty, Philippines

I use Adobe product of course,Photoshop and Illustrator side by side.Paint tool Sai also good for sketching and line art,most of my line arts were drawn in SAi allowing smooth flow just almost vector yet controlling it more than photoshop.

slamgirl65 slamgirl65 Artist from Michigan, United States

I use Corel myself. Adobe is very popular, but it’s more expensive and uses a lot of RAM. I might give it a shot once I get my computer replaced. Corel does everything that illustrator does, the tools all just have different names and I think the environment is set up a bit differently. But, I can save all my files as illustrator files, eps, svgs, or pdfs. Whatever software you use, it’s really just a matter of knowing it intimately and knowing what your designing for.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission