The Joker

cstafford2193
posted by cstafford2193 • 2 years ago

I could be wrong, but I’ve yet to see any designs of the Joker. Not necessarily The Dark Knight Joker, but more of the graphic novel style. Exaggerated features and the psychotic smile.
The Joker is an essential part of Batman and controversy over his part in Batman is continued amongst many of the fan base. I’m not extremely educated in the comics, but from what I’ve read and seen of him, he’s the epitome of the trickster. Now, the controversy lies within why Batman doesn’t kill him.
Robin, in the Under the Red Hood, presents a scenario where Batman either kills him or the Joker. Batman tries to explain that he won’t kill him because it makes him no better. It doesn’t solve anything to just attempt to destroy everything. Without spoiling much, Batman merely walks away from the confrontation.
Another side of the controversy lies within Batman’s psyche. Whether perhaps Batman NEEDS the Joker. This is a much darker outlook, but the arguments for this side are to be heard. The Killing Joke is one I’d recommend on that one.
But I digress. I really wish to see some illustrations of the Joker. He’s one of my favorite characters from ANY series and by far my favorite villain. If I’m mistaken in thinking wrongly about existing illustrations, please point me in the general direction.

7 Replies

thestray thestray Artist from United States

I think you might be imagining this so-called controversy, haha. I think mostly people just enjoy him as a character.

The reason why there are no Joker designs is because Joker is a character copyrighted by DC comics. We don’t have the right to create and sell works featuring him without permission.

cstafford2193 cstafford2193 Human from Florida, United States

Oh okay. How was the site able to do The Dark Knight Rises themed shirts? Also I’ve seen Lil’ Wayne and Kiss as well.

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

I’ll use the Dark Knight Rises since it applies, but the basics are this. We worked out an agreement with Warner Bros. granting us exclusive rights to design and print tees using the Batman character. The agreement doesn’t cover all characters, only what we requested or were granted permission to use. The same applies for Kiss and Lil’ Wayne where we were granted permission by whomever controls their copyright/trademark etc to use what was outlined in the agreement with them. It is a bit more complicated than I’m making it out to be, but that is the general idea.

Ah, I see. That makes sense. That’s a bummer, though. I really do love this site though. It’s genius and beautiful. I’ve only known about it for a few weeks now and I’ve already bought 4 shirts! I love the darker side of art and that’s why I enjoy the Joker so much. His sheer madness and trickery.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hey cstafford2193,

Did you know if you upload photos of you wearing those 4 tees to your profile you’ll get a dollar for each photo? That would give you $4 off your next order. Just another reason to wear more awesome DBH tees.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Haha nevermind, I saw that you already uploaded 3, nice choice of shirts too.

Thank you. Yes, I love these shirts and I most definitely will be buying more.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission