Top 5 Best T Shirt Design Books

Top 5 Best T Shirt Design Books
DNames
posted by DNames • 10 months ago

Okay so we’re not exactly a book club here. But there are some shirt design books out there to read. Here are a few suggestions regarding the business, process, and inspirations of new t shirt designs. These are references to help you understand the t shirt design process from ideas, to printing, to branding, to trend analysis. Have a look at some of these top selling t shirt design books for a further look into the business and pleasure of graphic shirts.

Torso

Torso T Shirt design book

Torso is a graphic shirt book that looks into the depths of style, communication and the influence of t shirts today. A deeper look into influences, communicating a style, and setting new trends. The book is full of new inspiration, photography, and analysis throughout the generations of t shirt design. It also features a bunch of Design By Humans tees from some of our biggest artists.

Threads not Dead

Threads not dead t shirt design book

Is one of the best books in the t shirt design world. From designing a t shirt to starting your own brands it’s a great tool, to refine techniques, learn the printing processes, and stay on trend or create new ones. It goes from chapter to chapter the different stages of t shirt design from working with clients, printing, to branding and marketing. The book also comes with t shirt mockups, photo shop brushes and vector graphics. This is a great way to get a full perspective of the t shirt design world.

1000 Garments

1000 Garment Graphics Book

1000 Garments is a book dedicated to variety of trend hitting t shirts. A great collection of inspirational t shirt artwork to spark up new ideas for your next design, basically, its a full catalog of pop culture t shirt designs. This one also contains a couple of Design By Humans tees.

Zeixs T-shirt Design 2

Zeixs T Shirt Design 2 Book

The T-Shirt – everybody knows it, everybody owns it. It’s as well a piece of clothing as it is a billboard for music, films, brands – or for the person who wears it itself. It transfers messages and expresses opinions. The ultimate T-shirt is a self-designed original and this book features hundreds of cool tees. It features past Design By Humans winners and celebrates many great artists from the Design By Humans community.

T Shirt Sketchbook

Finally, the best t shirt design book you can make is a t shirt sketch book. This is a great book to help visualize graphic placement and scaling of your next t shirt design. The T Shirt sketchbook is by you and for you to sketch, brainstorm ideas, and create your next dream t shirt.

The t-shirt business is great because there are always artworks, trends and ideas that keep the styles fresh. This is our first attempt at a “Design By Humans book club.” These are some of the best t shirt design books on the market to help with design ideas, learn the industry and increase your overall knowledge in t shirt design. From designer t shirts, to just for fun shirts you can learn a lot about the life span of a t shirt.

Design By Humans In the T Shirt Books

Here is some example from the pages of T Shirt Design 2, featuring some great DBH Designs.

You can start you own designer book club, or continue the list with other great t shirt design books.

11 Replies

thesimplyshit thesimplyshit Artist from Malacca, Malaysia, Singapore

OMG!!!! GREAT THREAD!!!! THANKS DNames!!
I WANT TO COLLECT ALL!!! =)

DNames DNames Human from CA, United States

You’re very welcome. We find research is a great way to start into a new passion, and design books are also nice to find new sources of inspiration.

graphicollapse graphicollapse Artist from garut, Indonesia

awesome :) let’s grab them fast

priyanshu priyanshu Artist from MUMBAI, India

nice …...........

Artemple Artemple Artist from Bucharest, Romania

DBH should get a book too :)

Outcast84 Outcast84 Artist from Philippines

I agree, I think its about time for a DBH book!

a_mar_illo a_mar_illo Artist from Spain

I own the TORSO book, I counted 22 DBH tees in there, might be even a few more I didn´t recognize.

Chevinster Chevinster Artist from Colombo, Sri Lanka

cab some one give me the link for the design on left hand side in the book under the heading “Design By Humans In the T Shirt Books” (1st image) please , badly want to see that design

MrFourFingers MrFourFingers Artist from London, United Kingdom

T-shirt sketchbook. Dammit. An idea I would love to have come up with.

ATIFADEEM ATIFADEEM Human from United States

What store can I buy these books?

mattmangrease mattmangrease Artist from United States

T-shirt sketchbook is a great idea. I don’t think I could keep it in my pockets though..

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember