DBH Artists - Fraud Voting

DBHstaff
posted by DBHstaff • 2 years ago

Hello Artist Community,

Here at DBH we believe in fairness and genuine love of all things art. That said we have been running a series of sophisticated checks on voting.
We discovered several designs with many fraud votes and those votes have been removed.
So if you’re an artist eager to win or a fan of an artist who, you think you are helping by giving them fraud votes then please be aware that we can see all voting.
We run checks because we want fairness and we value the genuine votes people take the time to make.

Thanks for your time on this matter. If you notice some of your votes vanishing now you know why. Tell Grandma to step away from the computer for a while, those fraud votes won’t do you any favors.

17 Replies

2oleaves 2oleaves Human from United States

Awesome, I’m glad dbh is on top of stuff.

thestray thestray Artist from United States

Shame shame shame.

lovableimmu lovableimmu Artist from Maharashtra, India

do i need to ask if there is something wrong with the server !?? cuz there is prb with the no’s on my design itself !!

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Lovableimmu – Could you be a little more specific as to what you mean?

lovableimmu lovableimmu Artist from Maharashtra, India

Last night when i checked my no of votes was 80! and now at morning it became 69.?? watss goin on ..? and how come voting over so early.?

zhan zhan Artist from United Kingdom

if votes and comments disappear again after having been there for a day or so, does that mean somone i dont even know has frauded a vote for me and therefor it got deleted? or did someone maybe just dislike the design later?
(for i didnt tell anyone of my friends about this submission and iam sure there was none of them to push things fraudulently).

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Lovableimmu – read the above post, votes were removed because of fraud voting. Voting has ended because Round 2 has ended, round 3 begins today.

Zhan – Fraud votes will be removed usually every 24 hours.

JulianStarks JulianStarks Artist from DMV, United States

Sweet DBH, thanks for keeping it a fair playing ground, i’m fighting for every little vote I can get

AgostoFilipino AgostoFilipino Artist from Manila, Philippines

Hi DBH, just want to share this. I have fellow artists at the same office using one IP address thou we have our different computers. We joined online contest based on Australia and the staff was confused of our entries why do we have three accounts but one IP address. So I explained. Is it the same with this, using IP address to determine where the votes came from? I’m just asking because some of my votes came from my officemates, who always give support when I asked them to vote using their own DBH accounts. But where using one IP address. :)

HandsomeJake HandsomeJake Artist from

I’m curious what kind of triggers there are to identify fraudulent vote.

7sixes 7sixes Artist from Minnesota, United States

AWESOME!!!

I’m assuming they check IP addresses…

TenTimesKarma TenTimesKarma Artist from Philippines

That’s great. finally no more fraud voting. Good job DBH

iamrobman iamrobman Artist from Batangas CIty, Philippines

This is great!.Though a thousand of votes never guarantee a print!Awesome DBH.
@aGOStoFilipino that will be the worst case scenario.

zerobriant zerobriant Artist from Cebu City, Philippines

dang! you mean my cat can’t vote anymore ? :) lol.

gavind gavind Human from United States

Nice one zero. Anyways, great move ofrom DBH.

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

@zerobriant

That excuse doesn’t work.. Except in college.

pregie pregie Artist from Mauritius

Hi Dbh,
i just wanted to know if it is ok to get votes from a same computer but from different persons
because my sisters vote for me from their DBH acc but we share the same computer
does DBH find that fraudulent?

just a question

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember