The Wacom Timed Contest is underway and the first submissions are in. Design a tee with a given theme in 60 minutes, sounds hard right? Well here are a few tips from one artist to 10,000 others.
1. Be smart, we all have WIP’s (work in progress) laying around on our machines unfinished. Use one if it fits the brief you have been given.
2. Think placement, cool placement of a design can make all the difference.
3. Make sure your design relates to the topic you were given, that’s one of the main criteria for judging.
4. Themes – Remember the theme or concept behind your design could make or break its chances. have a strong idea or theme centered around your given title.
5. Think out of the box, many artists work well under pressure and this timed contest may be just what you need to get some new creative juices flowing. Always wanted to do a character design, why not try that now?
6. Interpret well- How you use the theme your given will differ greatly from another artist. You can twist the theme to suit your style. Recycle Revolution could be several very different images; A recycling superhero, an army of robots taking over, a green/environment based design…. It’s up to you!
This is a very unique and exciting contest, lets see what you can do…..
Submissions so far