Spam Removal

wotto
posted by wotto • 2 years ago

Hello Humans,

The DBH Team have been working hard to stop the spammers but some of those tricksy hobbitsies still find a way in. We ask YOU the awesome community to keep em peeled and let us know when you spot any spam-tastic comments or posts.
How? Use the report spam button on each comment to let us know and we will check in daily and remove those pesky spamsters.

As always THANKS for your continued community support.

39 Replies

deaddreamer deaddreamer Artist from Austria

confusing. ouch

pregie pregie Artist from Mauritius

I was not aware that this was spamming
as i was doing it myself to promote my designs
saw a lot of pple doing it i thought that it was common
i sorry im new, i just learnt that it was not the right behaviour

ivanrodero ivanrodero Artist from Australia

i wanted to bump this topic because of the new fashion of ‘pls check my design’ comment postings it seems like now this is getting more and more common is there anything dbh can do about that or do we have to deal with it that our submission page looks like an ongoing advertising for other ppls submission

I want to endorse this, those kind of autopromo spam comments are completely annoying.

pinkstorm pinkstorm Artist from Philippines

I agree with ivan. a bunch of them are on my other subs as well.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hi Guys,

I had a culling of these types of comments yesterday and got rid of many. The best thing you can do is hit the report button, spam is removed daily and eventually people get the message. Also if they get reported enough we temporarily de-activate their account.

Defame89 Defame89 Artist from Missouri, United States

I kinda wanna add my opinion. I know what it’s like to be new and not really no whats annoying to people. I try to be really nice to the people. I haven’t gotten any crazy shoe links ha but like every other comment is check mine out, or help me out cus I helped you out. Maybe if we just be nice and meet their demands they wont eat us alive. However I do see other people point cus it discouraging when all people say is “nice, okay check mine” out. Mrfourfingers is like the coolest most helpful person on here, I do wish there was more like him on here. I hope I give good comments. If I don’t just tell me on my profile. Thanks Wotto and the DBH team for all your hard work. :D

iamrobman iamrobman Artist from Batangas CIty, Philippines

Why is everybody commenting on my designs saying “pls vote mine too,check my design,etc”.This is really irritating inside DBH and submissions..Can this be considered spam?cause they copy paste the same comments on every submissions

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

When its linked to outside sources and I catch it I delete the post. When they link actual artwork it’s a little tougher of a judgement call. I’ll chat with Wotto and perhaps we’ll come up with a line in the sand we can draw to stop that. I agree it’s annoying to see those posts in the comment section of other peoples artwork and while we encourage self-promoting I definitely don’t support hijacking others comments sections for their artwork to do so.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Report it and it will be removed.

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

See above.

WannabeDesigner WannabeDesigner Artist from Illinois, United States

i’m so sorry. i didn’t know that promoting your work while commenting on designs was prohibited there. i just realized this after reading some messages on my page. i’m very sorry for doing so and will not do it again in the future. sorry again.

MaxG MaxG Artist from Indonesia

Yep, i see it a lot. rather than commenting about the design they more love to promote their submission. I’m new here, i thought it’s common thing here. but i didn’t do it because i think is not working. the winning design is not just about how many vote you get, i see a submission with a hundred votes but it’s not getting printed and a newer design with less voting is getting printed.

migzlgonzales migzlgonzales Artist from Bulacan, Philippines

I’m gonna be honest that I did this several months ago. but of course when I’m just new here… I thought that it some kind of tradition or the “spread my design out” part of the contest. guess I’m just wrong. though I really appreciate and critique all the artworks that I’ve seen, I just insert a part of my design to my comments that made it a spam. I’m truly sorry for that and for the dbh staffs :(”

Egger Egger Artist from Hungary

oh finally! big thanx to DBH! For every newcommers: If you see someone jump into the deep well do you jump after him? :-D I’ve posted this on my messages part of my profile: “I’m watching every designs in the voting section, if I like one I vote one. I think the self-managing spam is rude thing and makes opposite results” without any results :D… Good to see I’m not alone.

maelstrom maelstrom Artist from New Zealand

This is great. The sammy spammy thing is really irritating. Basically I’m going to vote for your design if it has merit….NOT because you told me to via spam.
Mind you maybe I should have joined them…..may have got more votes…........ :-)

graphicollapse graphicollapse Artist from garut, Indonesia

:) i see the commenter just promote their design link

manupix manupix Artist from France

I’m hitting that report button like mad ;_;

graphicollapse graphicollapse Artist from garut, Indonesia

@master manupix :) great comment master… print it…hehehe… just kidding master :)

Foxe Foxe Artist from Ca, United States

Makes me a grumpy face when people distract from a design by promoting their own. Thanks for creating a solution to help with this.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember