Retail Earnings Program

wotto
posted by wotto • 3 years ago

DBH operates a Retail Earnings Program where by designs from our catalogue can be picked up by major retailers here in the U.S. Retailers will do a test run of shirts to see how they sell to their particular customer base first and then place orders depending on how they sell. This happened to several designers in 2010 and the figures are in which means it’s time to pay the artists their percentage.

We will be notifying the designers shortly and they will all get paid their extra earnings. We want to congratulate them on their design making it into renowned retail space and also thank them for their patience. These are the designs that got picked up:

2010 Selected Tees:

2011 Selected Tees:

33 Replies

collisiontheory collisiontheory Artist from Philippines

where are they sold?

Chreck Chreck Artist from

I’m going to Urban ASAPPPP for Then & Now. I’ve been dying for that shirt!

BeadlerWorks BeadlerWorks Artist from NY, United States

That’s great! Hope some more artists in our community get picked up.

DBHstaff DBHstaff Staff: Staff from California, United States
collisiontheory said: where are they sold?

We have a range of retailers who test DBH products but the majority of the 2011 ones are from Urban Outfitters.

mrdavenport mrdavenport Artist from NC, United States

woohoo! it was really awesome seeing Shooting Stars on the Urban Outfitters website. I hope another one of my designs gets selected in the future!

tastyhills tastyhills Artist from

Awesome! Thanks DBH, I need to start submitting designs again, its been awhile.

aliadotony aliadotony Artist from Costa Rica

weird I saw one of my designs in a Macy’s store in Los Angeles…...but is not here…

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hey Aliadotony, check the comments above, some designs are selected in small numbers to test sale in flagship stores. We have had quite a few like that. If the very small quantity doesn’t sell they do not place an (large) order. Retail works very differently to online sales, I’ve learnt a lot about the industry since starting here.

Migoto Migoto Human from Brazil

Is the “Then & Now” that’s being sold on Urban Outfitters printed front and back like it was when it was sold on DBH? Or just front print? You can’t really tell by their site…
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=20887444&color=010&itemdescription=true&navAction=jump&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=SEARCH+RESULTS

aliadotony aliadotony Artist from Costa Rica

Thanks for the answer Wotto you are the man! :)

seedharam seedharam Human from

IDBH is one company that gives hope to artists who are eccentric enough to be accepted by companies with capitalistic views. Honest and fair businessmen are the allies of artists in the future. Now, i become hopeful of what mathematician BUCK MINSTER FULLER once said that “Artists will become the highest paid sector of society in the future”. Now i could sense it happening. Thanks to people like DBH STAFF.

BeeryMethod BeeryMethod Artist from United States

DBH should give professional artists who have designs printed in specific regions and metro markets an opportunity to rep specific lines within their catalog. Designer-reps push wholesales more efficiently and also wedge into shops where one might have a hard time talking with a buyer as being simply just a company sales rep and not connected to the actual art behind the brand. DBH is a brand when it hits wholesale retail markets…it is not simply a indie or uniquely art based garment producer and that is why artists who contribute should be offered an opportunity to make more of percentage on sales. I could push DBH all day long in several regions…you could sign me up!

dannydruff dannydruff Human from

Congratulations on being picked up by stores.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember