PHILIPPINES: Custom Duties & Taxes... Any customers from the Ph?

chakigun
posted by chakigun • 3 years ago

Hi there.

This would mostly concern buyers from the Philippines.

Story is, for the first time, I received this letter from customs that I have to pay P5,184 ($110.60) for my package from DesignByHumans

which I would describe as:
shirts for personal use,
valued at $341
$186.3 price paid for the shirts
after DBH dollar and Discount Code deductions
+$47.93 shipping fees
———————-
$234.23 – actual value paid

As I was saying, this is the first time we were charged for such an amount. We only used to pay P35.00 (less than a dollar) for the service charge. And this is the ninth package we got from DBH (with the most value though… after that is a $300-valued package which never had to pay custom duties).

This is horrible. It’s 68% the price we actually paid for the shirts.
This is a package that me and my friends share (so shipping costs would be less) through consolidated orders where we use DBH dollars we win through Facebook Challenges.
Thing is, the price before discounts is the cost submitted by DBH prior to shipping so customs will calculate for that. Not to mention there’s a shirt removed from the order by DBH and got refunded to the credit card because it got sold out.

How about other guys there from the Philippines? I bet there are larger orders than that through DBH dollar winnings on Shirt-of-the-Day and Shirt-of-the-Month contests.

Yeah I know DBH doesn’t have anything to do about these charges.

Thinking it through though, is it not possible for submit the price of the shirts using the actual amount paid after discounts? (that would be $186.3 vs $341 then)

It freaks me out because we got plans for future transactions and if we have to pay a huge chunk on customs alone, things would get horribly expensive. It’s as if we lost our dbh dollars to customs. Hah! I bet they envy our super awesome dbh shirts >:C

12 Replies

chakigun chakigun Artist from Bulacan, Philippines

heyy thanks sa reply zero! what’s your email?

by the way, i still haven’t paid the amount hoping there’s something we could do to lower it… haha

Packeranatic Packeranatic Artist from United States

Am not from the phillipines, but I would recommend contacting DBH, and zerobriant. It could just be your order went over a certain dollar limit as well, I have heard of it happening.

@Packeranatic

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I would contact zerobriant and I have already messaged a friend from DBH about it. I actually had the same thoughts… probably a threshold of some sort!

frogafro frogafro Artist from Philippines

hala kuyawa ani oi, first time pa nuon nako sa DBH and wala pa sad koy shirts from this store :P but in case mokuha ko, kuyawa sad aning gobyerno nato oi, tsktsk

pinkstorm pinkstorm Artist from Philippines

hmmm tama si zero.. may sikreto nga dyan. :)

doylesee doylesee Artist from Philippines

Will watch this post and I might e-mail zerobriant…

nicebleed nicebleed Artist from Cebu, Philippines

They actually take 12% tax on your total purchase. I don’t know what was the purpose of that when we already paid the shipping in the first place. I experienced this a year ago in my first package. So sad because I paid 3k pesos extra just to get my package. The company I worked for is PEZA (Philippine Economic Zone Authority) accredited so I addresses all my packages in the company. All I have to do do is bring a photocopy of the certificate and present it to them. :)

AgostoFilipino AgostoFilipino Artist from Manila, Philippines

When my DBH package arrived and had to claim it at customs, my charge is about P4,000 ($100+). To cut the story short, I don’t know if i would be glad that I paid only a small amount because one way or another, the crocs are everywhere! My pals told me “it’” is not new to the customs. Badass! Does it benefit me in the end? I know, it’s my responsibility to pay the charges, but heck, the rep suggested that “other way to lessen the charges”. I just felt bad about the government!

Is it possible for DBH not to attached the official receipt outside the package when we hit the dollar limit? I received two orders from Threadless, both are door-to-door delivery and with no charges at all.

andrewmic andrewmic Human from

For Humans from Lithuania.
If you order more than ~3 shirts (depends on a cost), import tax will be applied by custom. Your order can not exceed ~$67 (160 Lt.), it includes shipping cost.
Tax is 21% + accounting charges.

Few weeks ago I bought 7 shirts for about $125 (~300 Lt.). When it arrived, I had to pay ~ $30 (70 Lt.) worth taxes.

hag1988 hag1988 Human from

Today I experienced some customs anomaly. My package in Hong Kong was arrived yesterday but today I cannot claim it because I have to pay the customs of Php 2,357.50? Why should I? Its a small package, its just 2.5kg. And I paid also $36.23 in DHL fees too…and is that a double pay-out? And last time, the small packages has no taxes to pay.

Human from

what the …!!! i experience it now, i sent a package to my siz, its just an old clothes and bags,.. but they want me to pay P4,420..

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember