pls help me improve this concept

EnoLa
posted by EnoLa • 11 months ago

is this off to a good start or should i just scrap the idea?
is this sellable?
thanks all :)

6 Replies

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hello. I like the idea but its missing the game feel. Link doesn’t work with the text, it’s a bit disjointed. Maybe if you made it more like a scene from actual game play. Stylizing the text and layout to be similar to the game? Maybe pixelated or like this newer link version:

I love the look on Links face here. He’s all WTF? Maybe he’s seen an unlikely element in the game, like a POKEBALL! ;)

EnoLa EnoLa Human from United States

thanks for replying! i was going for the cute and chibi factor. should i ditch that? and instead of happy he got a pokeball, i should make him confused?

Jakewashere Jakewashere Human from Washington, United States

Yeah, I agree. It’s a fun idea but it should be more game-like. It might be funny if he was standing next to a little chest holding the pokeball and looking confused – as if he’s just opened it and gotten a weird item. Or something like that. Fun idea!

EnoLa EnoLa Human from United States

thanks all for the constructive criticism! i will revise it shortly

iampayne iampayne Artist from New York, United States

I completely agree with Jakewashere. Have link getting this from a chest. Check out what that looks like in ocarina of time with a chest in the background. That would help someone who doesn’t know Zelda games catch the concept. Oh and add a fairy lol.

MitchLudwig MitchLudwig Human from Canada

One other suggestion might be to add a bit of a shadow to Link as well. There’s just a slight inconsistency between the Pokeball having a shadow coming from behind it and Link not having any.

Looking forward to seeing an update!

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission