Diablo submission critique

Anti-hu
posted by Anti-hu • 1 year ago

Hey, this is my submission for the diablo contest. I just want some feedback/critique before I actually submit it because I’m worried it needs more detail and is too flat. I suck at painting so any suggestions on how to make it stand out more would be cool.

8 Replies

thestray thestray Artist from United States

I actually really like the simplicity of it and I like the color palette of the first one, it’s very similar to what I’ve submitted actually. I also like that this is very different in tone than the majority of the submissions with this very peaceful meditative pose. I don’t know if that will count for or against you though, good luck.

Anti-hu Anti-hu Artist from United States

@thestray Thanks man, here’s to hoping it helps hah.

p.s. your work is great

waldy waldy Artist from Philippines

This is Good… Its a different approach/appeal and different from the other entries. Don’t you want to add some grunge effects on it?... may be im not used to solid colors but it is good! :) Good luck!

@waldy Hey thanks, maybe some texture or grunge texture would help. I’ll try it out before I submit.

kenoneworks kenoneworks Artist from Philippines

nice work man, it’s simple but it looks neat at the tee, the placement is also good, + 1.. support my entry too man, The Lord Of Terror’s Power

thestray thestray Artist from United States

I don’t think it needs grunge, I don’t know why people think a tee HAS to have some grunge now. There’s nothing wrong with artwork that is clean, in my opinion. I’d personally like to see less gratuitous grunge effects on tees, and more just really smart design and composition and well done illustration. The grungification (if I can invent a word) starts to have a generic feel when it’s don’t so often and so frivolously.

Yeah I ended up not going with any grunge actually. I tried some halftone shading though. Thanks for sharing your insight man. You can check it here if you like: http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/232619

Outcast84 Outcast84 Artist from Philippines

Genius move how you kept it very clean and calming. It is perfect for the serene / peaceful subject matter that you have. For me you didnt had to change anything at all. this works perfectly in my book.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember