Checkout review shipping bug

XDot
posted by XDot • 1 year ago

Once im on checkout review i see at the end the total costs and shipping says 0 even though i have selected the shipping method in the previous step..i know that if you logout and login again it works but the last time i thought that shipping was free so i placed the order and then the package didnt arrive at all, even though i dont know if that was the reason for that..

here is a pic

3 Replies

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

Hey Xdot,

That was indeed a visual bug. You were actually charged the $10 shipping as indicated in your PayPal account by the total payment sent to us. A visual bug would have no impact on your package shipping. Any order placed, regardless of whether or not there is a bug at any point in the checkout process will get shipped if the order is placed. I checked your order and it is indeed placed and queued for printing. Sorry for the confusion, but thank you for pointing that out so we can make sure it gets fixed asap!

XDot XDot Human from Greece

yeah the order i placed a few hours ago it has shipping cause i logged out and logged in again..
i was talking about a previous one #323647..this never arrived but customer service helped me and sent a replacement
if you say i was charged the shipping then ok..then something else might be..will have to find out somehow so i wont have another package missing

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

Keep in mind there is a often less talked about aspect to international shipping and this applies to domestic shipping as well to a lesser degree sometimes. That’s theft. YouTube has more than a few videos of UPS employees stealing FedEx packages, FedEx stealing UPS, the Postal Service dropping packages off vehicles etc. It happens unfortunately.

There is little that can be done from my office if a customs and/or postal employee in Greece steals your package. A foreign country is out of my reach to make waves. Due to the fact that only expensive services have door-to-door international tracking and postal employees are likely to know what is or is not tracked, they also then know what is easily stolen or not and this is true of postal employees here and abroad.

I’m not saying your package was stolen, it could have just been held at customs or it could have been damaged in transit and they are unable to read the label and have no idea where to send it. There is more than a few possibilities. Unfortunately, it’s nearly impossible to know which one it is without that tracking or without the parcel eventually making its way back here and looking at the million stamps and stickers they usually get during their journey.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission