Need honest opinions for my first design! Good, Bad, Would you wear?

stormcloudjesus
posted by stormcloudjesus • 1 year ago

7 Replies

khaldoon khaldoon Artist from Dubai, United Arab Emirates

nice

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hi,

Honestly the design isn’t badly put together but the content might be an issue. Considering how this president died this tee may be considered by some as offensive. He was a very popular president and I am not sure how many people would want to walk around with an image of him with his head exploding on their tee. I might be wrong but that’s my honest opinion.

neil95 neil95 Artist from United States

I think you should give it a shot. This got printed, http://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/dead-kennedy-t-shirt/13865/ , and I’d say it could be considered way more offensive by some people.

ADAMLAWLESS ADAMLAWLESS Artist from Johor Bahru, Malaysia

I wouldn’t wear, but good try…keep on doing and you will find your way through…look, listen and learn.

thestray thestray Artist from United States

@neil95 That shirt technically didn’t get “printed”, it’s a Collective shirt, which is kinda different from being a winning DBH tee. While the Collective shirts do have to be approved to go up, I’d say they aren’t as scrutinized as the shirts of the day. Collective shirts are print on demand, so they are only printed for people who order them, while the shirts of the day are rewarded with a thousand dollars and a bunch of shirts are producedm. So in essence a Collective shirt has the liberty to be a little more risky since there’s not as much of an investment on DBH’s part, and the shirts of the day DBH wants to be more sure they’re going to sell well. Wotto you can correct me on any of this if I’m off.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

@thestray you are mostly correct. Although the collective tee does feature a dead president it’s is done in a slightly different way. The bright colors and cartoony style make this more parody than offensive. The image is more zombie than head blowing up. The collective tees have copyrights placed with the artists whereas shirt of the day winners transfer the rights to design by humans so that makes winning designs more of a liability for design by humans directly.

neil95 neil95 Artist from United States

Hmm. To me, stormcloudjesus’s JFK looked more like he was fading away than having his head blow up. It feels more sad than offensive. While the zombie-like “Dead Kennedy” looks disfigured and kinda scary, which makes me feel like that would be more offensive. Just my take on it, though. Everyone interprets these things differently.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission