WIP : Daft Punk?

Envinite
posted by Envinite • 1 year ago

I’m still working for my Daft Punk artwork, I need some suggestion guys!

Firstly, I made this pic out from a hugeload of stock photos (I think this one will pass copyright).

And made some brushes, and put it abstractly :

What I still don’t know is, what to put on the text bubble. Putting DBH logo seems pretty redundant since the brush already have it. What do guys?

Btw, what do you think about it? Is it too simple or what

4 Replies

thestray thestray Artist from United States

I don’t think this passes copyright laws actually. You made a design with Daft Punk’s likeness from photos of Daft Punk you don’t own.

Envinite Envinite Artist from Bekasi, Indonesia

@thestray What if I only use their helmet & gloves?. The body, gun, and other stuff made separately. 1-2 of the stock pics I use (especially the dude with suit one) probably copyrighted, so I transform them as good as I can to avoid copyright
(just like dbh 101’s tips). Also, I’m pretty sure my custom brush can cover it up.

This is how I made the first pic above :

I think my design still can pass since the “Time Fiction” tees (http://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/men/time-fiction-t-shirt/11565/ ) still can pass with only a simple Dr. Who’s face edit on an existing popular B&W Pulp Fiction design you can easily find in internet.

biotwist biotwist Artist from new jersey, United States

there is so much wrong with this.. DBH has nothing to daft punk. why are you even trying? non off the art you are sampling is public domain so that is another problem. altering your stolen work is pointless if people can still recognize it
also the T-shirt that is forsale is part of the artist private DBH store and would never have been picked via voting.
altering your stolen work is pointless if people can still recognize it
another fact the final product looks bad and is extremely hard to print. too many colors for an oversized print. and whats the point of all the work adding the guns if you can hardly tell whats going on? why dont you try working on something original or something with a concept

ejiboo ejiboo Artist from United States

i’m pretty sure using other pictures and mashing them together like this, is considered, in some cases, to be fine with regards to design.

i see where you’re going with the idea and i think you should play with the original image that you have as the one mocked on the t-shirt is messy and confusing.

play with the idea, build on it and make it your own. it’s a good thing you came to the critique thread and hopefully didn’t submit it anyway like a lot of people seem to like doing because it needs work.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember