WIP: Before it was Cool

ejiboo
posted by ejiboo • 1 year ago

Think this could work with DBH? i initially had an idea where i had the words on a scroll-type thing but then i just got saved by the bell in my head and tried this out and i think with some work it would be pretty dope.

it’s kind of a nab at that saying about hipsters, “before it was cool” and obviously one dude who did a lot of things before they were cool, my man george.

15 Replies

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

I like where this is heading. I would maybe consider removing the text or making it smaller. The glasses and the moustache are great but the hat should really be more realistic looking. Also your 80’s inspired shapes could use some refining. Here are some references to help you out.

ejiboo ejiboo Artist from United States

i also tried out some of those ideas up there really briefly:

thestray thestray Artist from United States

That’s a pretty huge improvement in my opinion dude.

I took it a little further with some more leopard, zebra, triangles and brought the text back. hope you guys like this one and i really appreciate it, stray – means a lot coming from you!

image of just george, dunno if this is gonna be huge so i apologize in advance:

ADAMLAWLESS ADAMLAWLESS Artist from Johor Bahru, Malaysia

I think this far better than those up there, u can submit and see response, good luck :-)

iamrobman iamrobman Artist from Batangas CIty, Philippines

funny manipulation.haha nice!

HardCandyGFX HardCandyGFX Artist from Czech Republic

I actually prefer the last one too, without the shapes etc. Nice and big print, single colour discharge ink… I would wear it.

Nah, personally, I think the shapes and colors make it a more eye-catching shirt.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

I like both versions but get your neon on with those 80s shapes, lol.

You need a win so I can give you a collective store ;)

playing around with colors now, here are a couple subtle variations.

1, 2 and 3 are flat whereas 4, 5 and 6 are the same color combinations but textured. i’m gonna see how it looks mocked on a shirt. hope you enjoy and thanks so much for the comments so far!

Try mint, I think it would look really good on mint.

tried some new colors with this, let me know what you think!

bump

JennaleeAuclair JennaleeAuclair Artist from BC, Canada

@ejiboo It looks amazing! I think I prefer 3,5 & 6. I’m not much of a stickler for neon colours but I love this. The concept is awesome and it’s good to see that you are trying so many variations to get it right, like a good designer :D

Let me know when you submit this and I’ll vote on it ASAP!

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission