WIP: DBH and nudity?

ejiboo
posted by ejiboo • 1 year ago

Aloha!

i have the basis for a design that i dig and i was wondering how DBH feels about nudity in relation to design?

10 Replies

thestray thestray Artist from United States

I remember way back when Jimiyo worked here he said DBH didn’t print nudity, I recall there was actually someone who got really upset in the forum about their submission being rejected along those lines. I don’t know if that rule is still in effect though.

HardCandyGFX HardCandyGFX Artist from Czech Republic

Great design, I would buy it! (Especially glow ink on dark blue!)

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hello all,

We do have a family friendly no nudity policy here at Design By Humans and I have to follow that so this design would probably get rejected. However hints and suggestions of nudity are ok. Christopher Lovell, who is a design legend designed this tee

Originally all of these girls were naked but he revised the piece to make it a little less boobies for our market. So nudity is not a complete no but I would cover those nipples and let’s not have anything trashy naked – believe me I have received some submissions that would shock even The Strays eyes.

On a side note, the design above is cool. I would work on it further and make it an abstract piece.

ejiboo ejiboo Artist from United States

Awesome, thanks a lot for that ‘official’ word, wotto and yeah this is just the idea for a design and i was wondering whether or not to cover her up before moving forward.

that lovell tee is a beast!

The Perfect Easter tee ;)

so i’ve been messing around with covering her up, but i’m kind of stumped, ionno. i’ll work on getting an idea down first and then think about colors and where to go with that.

DaveCP DaveCP Human from United States

I would definitely go with the more vibrant red of the first two. The downward triangle is a symbol for females, so that would be fitting, too. I’d definitely buy it.

here’s an idea of it mocked on a shirt and in some different colors:

jesssss jesssss Artist from Los Angeles: CA, United States

ohh i love the burgandy one! nice job! looking forward to this design.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission