Looking for Feedback

slamgirl65
posted by slamgirl65 • 1 year ago

I’m looking for some feedback on this design. I made some adjustments to the composition and placement since my previous post.

5 Replies

HardCandyGFX HardCandyGFX Artist from Czech Republic

How about some scanlines to make the skull look like it’s being displayed on the TV?

slamgirl65 slamgirl65 Artist from Michigan, United States

Hmm… as in the horizontal bands you see on old school analogs? Thanks for taking a look, I’ll have to see what I can do with that.

Here’s the original design and placement:

Here’s a detail of the scanlines I added:

I really like the original design, but I’m not sure it’s going to be printable because the design takes up the entire shirt. I know that sometimes they’ll print a wrap around design, but I’m pretty sure it has to either fit certain requirements or be extremely popular. Hopefully I can get some commentary from Wotto or Inked.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Not crass at all. I like the design but I feel the figure and the background are competing for my eyeballs attention. A more subtle background would allow the figure to pop better. I would also reconsider using the halftones on the skull head, they make the body and head look disjointed like two separate pieces of art. Fix those two issue and I think you’ll stand a better chance. A good example of a similar winning design is SUIT UP by K-19

Hmmm…you can barely see them in the exported file, but the halftones are repeated throughout the figure as well in the pinstripes on the suit. I faded them out in some areas to give the figure more volume. I might see if I can bump them up a bit so they’re more visible. Unless you mean the scanlines? I was a little wary of them myself but I thought I’d give them their day in court because they fit in with the concept. I see what you mean about the background. It’s actually one of my favorite parts since I love looking at figures that are fading away or breaking apart, but it’s definitely not the only available avenue. I love the example you posted. I thought of something similar when I first read your comment. I’ll see what I can do with it when I’ve got some more time. Thanks for the advice :)

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember