Limited Edition Tank Tops

Thoughts please

CUTTHROATWHIMSY
posted by CUTTHROATWHIMSY • 1 year ago

Need some fresh eyes on this if anyone’s got a minute. Cheers.

8 Replies

wotto wotto Staff: Creative Director from CA, United States

This is a nice concept and as a starting point very strong. I like the color choices on the walls but you really need a strong contrast here, make the black true black and make that light been a brighter yellow or maybe even white. With a stronger light source you can have some awesome highlights on the monsters at the bottom and the creatures lurking in the wall areas. This piece will be amazing if you can get the lighting right, subtle but detailed. It will have a creepy cool atmospheric feel that it needs.

CUTTHROATWHIMSY CUTTHROATWHIMSY Human from United Kingdom

Thanks for the great feedback. Here’s the progress I’ve made so far.

I like the new version. The man is a little hard to see and I prefer him more obvious like in the first version. You now need to make lots of small white highlights and look at how a torch might reflect light in a wet cave like that. It’s moving along very nicely though.

Teehunter Teehunter Human from Romania

Thumbs up @CUTTHROATWHIMSY! It looks amazing so far ! How long you’ve been in the t-shirt industry?

Early days Teehunter. ;)

On that note, here’s another update, love being able to track my progress this way, and really appreciate the feedback. I’ve added lighting, some more detail and resized the guy. Think I need to add some minimal traces of white across the top and down the left of the cave so the eye starts at the right then spirals up, around and down to the bottom. What do you think? Anything else I’ve missed?

I think you are right about the light on the top area and side, looking really great.

Okay, I’ve taken another approach, let me know what you think. Quite happy with it at the moment.

Carli Carli Artist from Denmark

Really nice style, I like this a lot. But it’s still a little dark to me, and I personally felt like it should be a little more clear so it’s easier to make out the guy and so on. You could probably try to make the guy a little bigger? So you immediately see him and instantly know what the tee resembles.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember