WIP - Child & Soldier

7sixes
posted by 7sixes • 2 years ago

Help me with this design!!

Tear it apart, offer suggestions, etc…anything would be great to hear!

11 Replies

7sixes 7sixes Artist from Minnesota, United States

Not distorted:

thestray thestray Artist from United States

I know it’s sort of your trademark, but I’d like to see you do a design without the diagonal streaks of texture, a lot of the time I feel it doesn’t really add much to your pieces, or that maybe you’d come up with more interesting designs and compositions if you didn’t rely on it. THAT BEING SAID... I think it’s sorta working here, haha. The only critique I have is that the subject matter seems to have some bummer subtext, what it’s saying to me is that this girl’s dad died in service, which is poignant for sure, but not something I feel like I want to wear on a shirt.

I completely understand…I have completely beat that style to death. Thanks for the input stray.

And the feeling of the design on a shirt, I can see where you are coming from!

gavind gavind Human from United States

Hmmmm. I think people would be able to visualize this better if this would be printed on a shirt with a model.

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

@thestray I have to agree that my impression was similar to yours. The texturing of the soldier alone makes it feel as though he’s fading away, falling apart, or just not really there like he’s a memory she’s forgetting. Could be a powerful image, but as someone who’s served in the Middle East I’m not sure I’d want that on my shirt, but then again done right it could be a bold statement too. Really could go either way depending on what the final piece looks like.

berzerk berzerk Human from United States

Or you could color it around the girl, so that she is one tiny innocent piece in this cruel grey world.

Aerialrose Aerialrose Human from United States

Comment Removed.

^^ wow…

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

While we encourage everyone to express their opinions, it’s helpful if those opinions add to the conversation in a constructive way instead of an inflammatory way. As some may have noticed I’ve edited some information out of this discussion if it didn’t directly relate to the artwork and the artist’s request for constructive feedback. If you are going to provide feedback, please remember to be respectful to the artist and the community around you.

enkpyn enkpyn Human from north carolina, United States

Make here dress into an american flag or red white and blue and call it“Coming Home” so it gives the impression that the war is over and its time to be dad.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission