New Work Any Good?!

JulianStarks
posted by JulianStarks • 1 year ago

Hey so I started this design with this great idea but somehow as I started working on it more and more, the original thought faded and i’m just not sure where to go with this or if its good enough to put on a shirt, what do you guys think?

4 Replies

wotto wotto Staff: Creative Director from CA, United States

I like the concept a lot. I think the colors should be darker and more sinister. I also worry that the design is too triangular, maybe try to add details to the edges so its not so rigid. Definitely has potential though.

silence17 silence17 Human from United States

I totally agree with darker colors. Maybe even just in the lineart. I think it’s because I like to see contrast and the clothe doesn’t really give that to me. I don’t find the triangular design too bad. But that’s just me.

JulianStarks JulianStarks Artist from DMV, United States

@wotto thanks! I definately see your point about darker colors, I have a version of this where the cloth is dark red and the clouds alot darker (I just didn’t know if it was too much) but i’ll work on that side, and I will add more and see what a rounder design looks like. Thanks for the feedback

JulianStarks JulianStarks Artist from DMV, United States

@silence17 I agree, after reading your comment I think a darker contrast would really make this thing pop, i’ll add a bit of sinister in there. Thanks!

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember