Limited Edition Tank Tops

The lights are on, but nobody's home.

ORabbit
posted by ORabbit • 1 year ago

Does this look like something the DBH crowd would want to wear? Can I improve it, or just move on? I know skulls have been done to death, but do you own anyone shirts with a button buck skull on them? I want to keep it fairly simple, but does it more more? Thanks!

8 Replies

JulianStarks JulianStarks Artist from DMV, United States

I’m sorry it may just be my stupid work computer but I can’t see the picture

ORabbit ORabbit Artist from NY, United States

I can see it on my computer. Is anyone else having trouble?

By the way, I don’t know why I can’t speak English today. Ignore all the typos.

Nikoby Nikoby Artist from FL, United States

I can see it, it would make a cool wrap-around

I’m not sure about the text, “Still waters run deep”. Does it add anything for anyone? The idea is that someone may look dull (or dead) but there’s a lot going on inside. Anyway, here’s a version with no text and a purple splatter. Better or worse?

JulianStarks JulianStarks Artist from DMV, United States

Sorry im late but I actually love the first one but maybe a scratchier (don’t know if that’s a word) would maybe fit the design a little better. I really like the simplification of it though

wotto wotto Staff: Creative Director from CA, United States

I love the title and I like the design, it has a cool vintage style to the drawing. The only thing I am not sure about is how it cuts off at the side, is that necessary? I think if the whole skull was on there it would be cool.

Thanks for your comment, Louisvuittongz. That was really insightful.

@wotto – The idea was to keep the bulb/socket centered as the focal point of the shirt. Plus, I only drew half of it. My paper wasn’t big enough! Maybe I’ll try tiling together the other half.

I started thinking that I wanted to show some brain activity going on. Maybe somebody is home. So I drew some scratchy neurons going up the sleeve. I’m still working on it compositionally.

For all over prints, is it 3 color or 4 color limit? I’ve read and seen both. It’s 4 colors right now.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember