First design submission. Ghost Gifts. Suggestions?

Macaluso
posted by Macaluso • 2 years ago

This is my first submission here, and I’m running it through the critiquing process first. I’d appreciate any suggestions you can offer me for it. I can provide a larger version of the design if needed.

5 Replies

JulianStarks JulianStarks Artist from DMV, United States

cool concept, very clean, it kinda seems like it’s missing that ultimate wow factor however

melanies_felony melanies_felony Artist from Melbourne, Australia

interesting work! I think it should sit higher on the tee in the mock up though, the positioning looks a little awkward. I’ll be completely hones,t and I may be overlooking something obvious, but I don’t real get the concept. Why do the ghosts have underwear? your style seem nice keep it up

Macaluso Macaluso Human from United States

Well the concept isn’t really supposed to make sense I suppose. I just thought the ghosts’ expressions and one handing the other the pink underwear was a funny image. I’ll have to fix the positioning on the tee. As for “wow factor” I agree. Any suggestions on what I could do to really make this pop? Should I shade it?

thestray thestray Artist from United States

I think this is best left as just a for fun illustration than something to be printed on a tee, because for a shirt in general you either need something that’s really visually striking or something that has a real strong or appealing concept, ideally both. This is cute but I don’t know if it’s doing enough visually or conceptually to be something that people are going to instantly want to purchase and wear on their body out in public, you know what I mean? My first thought when seeing this was “I don’t get it.” It’s easy to get away with random humor in comic strip or animation, because there’s context provided for it, but when you do random as a still image it often just feels like an unfinished joke or makes the viewer feel like they’re missing something.

So yeah, personally I’d just move on. Browse through the shop for inspiration maybe. Good luck, welcome to DBH :)

gavind gavind Human from United States

Maybe tone down light blue here a little bit?

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember