Cool Cat... Suggestions?

joshkn
posted by joshkn • 1 year ago

Three options. Please tell me which you like best and what I should change. Constructive criticism only please. Thanks!

13 Replies

joshkn joshkn Artist from California, United States

I made these cool vector cats in illustrator. Let me know what you think…

Ok, so looking at the top image again, I can already see that I need to fix the fedora, It’s a bit off.

wotto wotto Staff: Creative Director from CA, United States

I prefer the orange version, no hat.

I think that one is my preference as well. Thanks wotto! Anything design-wise I could add or change? Also, the grunge image on the orange tiger shirt is a free texture from the internet. If I use that texture, will I have to get any special permissions from the creator? It also looks good without the grunge in case it would be difficult to get permission.

lunatorium lunatorium Artist from United States

I like the idea of the fedora, because that’s what makes it a “cool” cat, right? If you fix that up it would be really great. I also really like the texture of the orange one. Why not put a (corrected) fedora on the orange cat’s head?

Also, if you get a chance, could you critique my design? Thank you in advance. :-)

@lunatorium: Good idea I’ll try that. Sure I’ll give it a look.

Ok, here’s the edited orange tiger version, with an updated fedora. What do you think?

lunatorium lunatorium Artist from United States

I think it’s perfect! I really like it. :-)

@lunatorium: Thanks for the ideas!

The shirt is officially up for viewing. Please click on the following link to comment/vote/like! Cool Cat

gavind gavind Human from United States

Try the black print with a light Brown background.

JulianStarks JulianStarks Artist from DMV, United States

I love the orange one (no hat), I think that would look dope on any color shirt! Any chance you’ll do a cheetah one anytime soon, they’re awesome! Good work though

ORabbit ORabbit Artist from NY, United States

It’s cool, but the hat is tiny. If that was a real hat on a real tiger, the crown would be over his ears, maybe with ear holes cut out. As it is, it makes him look a little clownish to me. I think it’s stronger without the hat. Maybe sunglasses?

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember