Limited Edition Tank Tops

Obviously internet challenged, reposting

slamgirl65
posted by slamgirl65 • 1 year ago

Just like the title says, reposting a design and looking for some constructive feedback:
This is my current progress on a new design, my second attempt at submitting to DBH. The design is my take on Memento Mori, “remember your mortality”. This portion is the front of the shirt. The design is going to end up wrapping around the side and shoulder to join up with a still life of rotting fruit ands insects on the back side of the shirt.

I used watercolor brushes for the shading, and I’m really pleased with how it turned out. Before I get too attached to it though, I need to know whether or not this is going to be achievable as a screen print or if I’ll have to redo it using another technique..

Like I said, this is only my second attempt at designing something for screenprinting, and I want to get the specs exactly right. I also need advice on the best method for dividing up the different portions of the design for a big wrap around print. The bulk of the design is vectors, so resizing is an option..

Thanks in advance for the input.

4 Replies

gavind gavind Human from United States

Looks good to me. Any progress here yet?

slamgirl65 slamgirl65 Artist from Michigan, United States

I’ve added in some lighter tones set the back ground to a dark shade of grey so they really pop, still trying to think of how to solve a few issues with my watercolor layers. Some white managed to sneak in, probably from a blending brush, and when I try to remove it my layers end up looking like hell. It disappears when I set the layer to multiply, but I don’t think you can screen print transparencies. I’ve seen tees with charcoal texture on DBH, so I’m pretty sure that if I can separate out the white from that layer it can be printed. I’m really hoping so because it looks great with the changes I’ve made. I’m also going back to work out my layout a little more thoroughly. I’d like to work in some more modern, abstract geometric type shapes. I’d also like a more organic and flowing type of motion from one part of the design to the next. I’m excited for when I finally get it finished and submitted.

My current progress:

It’s been submitted and is up for voting here: http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/216315#comment-mmr5

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember