2nd version of 1st design

lunatorium
posted by lunatorium • 1 year ago

Hello everyone! I posted my first design idea a couple months ago for critique, and have since re-envisioned it, so please tell me what you think. Thank you very much!!

11 Replies

gavind gavind Human from United States

Cools design. I think it needs a little bit of colors on it tho.

lunatorium lunatorium Artist from United States

@gavind Thank you for the comment! I was going for a sort of silent film look, so I don’t think colors would work with it. I would want the metallic parts printed with foil and/or metallic ink though, so I think it would still stand out.

VanForShort VanForShort Human from Kentucky, United States

I think this is awesome!

@VanForShort Thank you very much!!

jun087 jun087 Artist from Ipoh, Malaysia

the idea is great, but need more detailing ..

@jun087 Thank you for the comment! What sort of detailing do you think it needs? Could you give any ideas?

joshkn joshkn Artist from California, United States

I think I have an idea for detailing. My idea might make it look too busy, but try testing it out. I suggest you make the t-shirt an all over print, or almost all over, and put lots of intricate gears/clocks (that are a darker color-in the background.) I really like the look of the gears and the metallic effect you have. Also, I think you should lose the background radial gradient.

@joshkn Thank you! I’ll give that a shot.

I took Joshkn’s advice and added some detailing to the background. Please tell me what you think!

Eagleye Eagleye Human from Texas, United States

I understand that you are going for a “silent film” look, but I think adding a small, yet strong amount of color in one area will make it stand out, maybe re designing the eye (or filling it in) with a certain mechanical/robotic look and then coloring it red will look really cool, as for the background gears, good idea but bad placement, looks kinda half-assed (no offense) but I think it would look cool if you put a large gear (at least bigger than the mask) right behind the main design and then have a few more branching off, and as one last idea I think you should re place it, maybe upper left shoulder would look nice, but those are my opinions. its a good idea hope everything works out.

Thank you for all the comments and critiques. I have revised the design again and it is now up for vote. Please check it out and vote for me! Thank you!

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember