15% OFF Sitewide. CODE: GOLDENTICKET
Assassin's Creed Unity T-Shirt Design Contest

PTERODACTYL - Color scheme

Alpha2Antagonist
posted by Alpha2Antagonist • 2 years ago

Hello all,

I am working on a few designs at the moment, and here is one I am spending a good amount of time on.

I am making a comic art-style illustration of a huge pterodactyl. For the most part, I am making it’s head/upper shoulders be the majority of the tee, with the wings going out to the sides and sleeves.

I have a final sketch which is a lot smoother and more complete (finished wings + claws), but here is one of the drafts I did just to give you an idea.

It might be easier to envision if it were already an illustration, but I wanted to get some peer critique beforehand – I am asking for any ideas for changes (such as adding teeth or wings cover the back) as well as color ideas (e.g. black, red, purple on white tee shirt).

Thank you in advance. I’ll update with the illustration for a resolution of the color scheme.

6 Replies

Alpha2Antagonist Alpha2Antagonist Artist from United States

If the picture appears squished, view the image in a new tab and it should have the correct scaling dimensions.

lunatorium lunatorium Artist from United States

It’s hard to envision the placement, so I think seeing a sketch of it on a shirt would help, and also maybe a color sketch? I think it’s a great start, though!

gavind gavind Human from United States

I’m quite buzzed on how this would look like if printed to a shirt already. Any updates on when this will be available for a preview?

The illustration is coming along slowly. I put it off to begin sketching another design. I should have it finished within the next few days. Thanks for the feedback!

slamgirl65 slamgirl65 Artist from Michigan, United States

I love it! Normally I don’t find dinosaur tees that apealing, they’ve been done so many times, but the pterodactyl doesn’t get nearly enough play. It’s refreshing to see someone work with something besides a t-rex. Since you specifically mentioned color, I could see this working really well in a split complimentary color scheme with red-violet, red-orange and green, and maybe a few of the adjacent colors thrown in, depending on whether you wanted to do oversized verses an all over print. Anyway, those are my thoughts. Can’t wait to see it finished.

Thank you very much! I agree about the dinosaurs – I always wanted to do a giant, terrifying pterodactyl on a shirt.

I appreciate the color suggestions too. I am not sure how many colors I plan on making it, but honestly, I was thinking either red/orange/green or a red-violet scheme. When I get a good chunk done, I’ll do a few color previews and post them up. Should be within the next few days.

Thanks again for the feedback!

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember