Design Rejected

Lucas501
posted by Lucas501 • 2 years ago

I uploaded a design and it got rejected by because of “quality”. The rejection mail said: “Quality: Your design does not meet DBH’s quality standards. For example: pixelation, blurry lines, distorted images, lack of concept, poor artwork.”
I would like to improve my design so it can be approved, but the mail didn’t specify what part of the design didn’t met DBH’s quality standards.
So I could like if you guys could tell me what can I improve on my design, as well as tips, advice and critique.

This is my design:

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies

Lucas501 Lucas501 Artist from Veracruz, Mexico

This is the full-size image: http://i49.tinypic.com/20uel1w.jpg

and this is the placement as I submitted it: http://i48.tinypic.com/2ngh6hz.jpg

thestray thestray Artist from United States

Hey Lucas, regarding quality I think a good thing to do is take a look at some of the printed shirts and notice the quality of illustration and rendering they display. Your work here is not showing a sold grasp of some of the fundamental principles of art. The linework looks uneven, the drawing lacks dimension, volume, depth or any consistent sense of perspective. The shark is 2 dimensional while the rainbow vomit seems sorta 3 dimension, it’s kind of jarring. And water does not blend with the shirt well.
I recommend just practicing art in general, do some life drawing, pick up some books on color theory, and look at as much art as you can to start gaining a better sense of what successful artists do. Good luck.

@thestray Thanks for your advice and help. you are right about the perspective i hadn’t noticed that. I will keep practicing and hopefully one day ill be as good as yourself. By the way, I really love your art and I means a lot to me that you took your time to help me. Thanks.

thestray thestray Artist from United States

No problem man, and thanks, I appreciate that.

gavind gavind Human from United States

Good job. How long did it take you to finish this?

@gavind thanks, I think about two hours but I didn’t count it so I’m not sure

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission