15% OFF Sitewide. CODE: GOLDENTICKET
Assassin's Creed Unity T-Shirt Design Contest

What you suggest?

Zunaira
posted by Zunaira • 2 years ago

Hi,
I have some designs in pipe line but than today I tried something new. Did two designs completely based on hand drawn/painted.
One of them I have already tried/submitted (Journey) which was completely created on photoshop. Here it is:

Wanted to know what you think of the original one:

Second design, should I submit this one:

7 Replies

Zunaira Zunaira Artist from Lisbon, Portugal

More detail:

7sixes 7sixes Artist from Minnesota, United States

I like these a TON...you would definitely get my votes on both of them. The top one, although, has some cloud brushes that u probably got off of deviantart…just make sure u can use those on commercial tees!

JustPetrucci JustPetrucci Artist from Washington, United States

I like the purply sail boat one best.

The second design is good too, but I think I’d like to see the background color(s) of the orange and yellow to spread across more of the shirt. Either that or on a yellow/orange shirt…

@7sixes All the brushes that I have, I have them cause they are for commercial use. But still that thought was SCARY!! o.O I will try to get a written permission. An artists can work hard, learn and grow in his work but copying or stealing someones else work and getting labeled for that for the rest of his life. No thankyou!
I love drawing/painting, it’s want I want to do. And I want to do it the right way. I absolutely respect other artist’s work. Perhaps that’s the reason I wasn’t so satisfied with the top design though I have already submitted it. I prefer the second version cause it look’s more natural to me. The brush strokes are exactly how they came outta my hand.
I think I will mail DBH and ask them to remove the top one and than submit the second version.
Thankyou : )

@JustPetrucci Thanks : )

About the second design, I did tried a yellow (lemon) shade tee:

The option is always there to use it on a color tee. If I try to spread it across more either the leaf or the tree’s get cut out.

JustPetrucci JustPetrucci Artist from Washington, United States

Yeah, the white tee looks better… ;)

The only thing I would experiment with is if you can blend the sides into the shirt more. I feel like the edges give the design an abrupt ending…and since it’s a very calming piece, it seems like it should have a calmer exit to the sides of the shirt. ;)

@JustPetrucci Ah! My intention was to give the edges of this scenery a little torned effect.
Let’s see.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember