Limited Edition Tank Tops

Feel the Music - critique

7sixes
posted by 7sixes • 2 years ago

Hey everyone…

I recently submitted a design called “Feel the Music” here at DBH and I had really high hopes for it…maybe too high. After about a month and a half I have gotten only about 30 votes…don’t get me wrong though…the votes & comments were especially appreciated but I honestly think I can improve this design to resubmit it to DBH!

I wanted to make a powerful visual presentation of music & sounds with bright colors and flow.

Since my submission I have made a few adjustments to make the person less colorful & the music become more colorful as it moves out.

Click the images!

Details

Any comments/criticism on this would help me make a better design!!!

THANK YOU DBH!!!

- 7sixes

8 Replies

JustPetrucci JustPetrucci Artist from Washington, United States

I would post a placement pic too, some people are too lazy to go find it…but I did!

And I really dig the colors and the music. I would make a bold suggestion: I would consider losing the trumpet player if you resubmit. Not that he’s not fabulous, but some people may be deterred if they’re not into jazz music. (He might not even be playing jazz, but when you see a guy blowing a trumpet, you automatically think “Jazz.”)

I think the design on it’s own, without instrument or musician, would look pretty cool…
qetza qetza Artist from

I like this…I like the placement you have in your subbed version too. One crit I have is you build up this flow starting around the player and have these nice textures and colors going and moving…then the measure at the bottom stops it.
I think that area should be open and even if the design stops, it’s sense of movement wouldn’t.

I like the player there, but I think right now he blends in too much to that area he’s in. I would suggest making him stand out more, or removing him altogether.

7sixes 7sixes Artist from Minnesota, United States

Ok cool…thanks a bunch guys. So…

1. Experiment with taking the player out/make him stand out a bit more

2. Experiment with the movement keep going instead of stop at the measure

anyone else?

and here is a placement from my other one:

JustPetrucci JustPetrucci Artist from Washington, United States

I would definitely think about taking the measure out. Maybe fade it out at the bottom or something? But Treble Clefs are cool, so you might want to at least float those around in the background… ;)

thanks for the suggestions so far…

Nystrand Nystrand Human from New Jersey, United States

Maybe I’m being biased, ‘cause I am, but this would look better in blue rather than purple and blue is my favorite color, so yeah, but there are other colors I’d rather see as well like green or turquoise for instance. Also, I agree with JustPetrucci about the musician in the desing, but maybe rather than remove the musician outright, why not have a musician playing a different instrument instead?

AsakuraStudio AsakuraStudio Human from United States

i like it but i feel the studio8worx style there. do more style by your own it will show off the real deal of the design. It has potential.

Thanks for the feedback…it is AMAZINGLY appreciated!

And in regards to the studio8worx style…I’ve been doing this kind of style since I started designing about 4 years ago! I’m not going to stop just because one person has had success with it… :P

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember