Assassin's Creed Unity T-Shirt Design Contest

Stray's DKR Submission.

thestray
posted by thestray • 2 years ago

Hey ya’ll, I haven’t submitted or been around DBH much in a while, so HEY EVERYONE!

I wasn’t initially going to enter this contest because I didn’t really have an idea for it, but I figured I might as well try, I might come in with a last place win or something, haha.

As a pretty huge comic book nerd I’m going to go for a Knightfall homage.

Hopefully I finish it in time. I’ll be posting all my reference and stuff as well. I’ll probably try to think of a 2nd submission too.

9 Replies

thestray thestray Artist from United States

The iconic Knightfall Bane breaking the Bat cover

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

Hi,

Be careful about how you represent Batman in your image, WB probably don’t want their most famous hero appearing dead or close to death.

JustPetrucci JustPetrucci Artist from Washington, United States

For example: If Batman dies at the end of the movie, I’m going to be extremely upset.

I like the idea of a homage image, but maybe one where Batman isn’t so helpless. (Not to mention all these “Bane Breaking the Bat” and “BIG BANE behind little Batman” submissions are kind of getting repetitive…

I think the idea of a modernized comic book homage would be awesome though. So, great idea!

Well forget it then, haha. Glad I didn’t waste too much time.

No kidding! Especially since you should check out the forum post at the bottom of the contest page from a few minutes ago from grungethemovie! He did your design almost exactly and it got rejected!

Check out the post

Haha, that’s why I decided to post a loose sketch first, to see if I should even bother.

It’s hard to have fun with these types of contests. Maybe I’ll try something else, maybe not.

wotto wotto Artist from CA, United States

WB like fun, hence some of the cartoon subs making it into voting but I can totally understand them not wanting their hero appearing dead all over their merchandise.

I meant hard for me personally. In a contest like this where you have very specific subject matter and seemingly kind of narrow parameters, it’s hard for me to get into a “What do I want to do?” headspace. Because you want to do something that’s interesting and sticks out, but also you don’t want to do something that’s too weird to be competitive, ya know. I wasn’t even super into this homage idea, but it seemed like it was worth a shot since I didn’t see it in the subs.

I’m not trying to slag the contest, more slagging myself, haha.

I know what you mean. Mine seem so bland now, I feel like I was lacking in the “creative juice” department when I made them. :P

But honestly! Everyone is doing half Bane/Batman faces and messy ink splatters and things dissolving into bats! So maybe mine are a breath of fresh air…

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember