Limited Edition Tank Tops

Day Dream - Critique/Technical Difficulty

slamgirl65
posted by slamgirl65 • 2 years ago

I have two purposes with this post:

1. Soliciting general feedback on my design
2. Technical help from someone with more software proficiency than myself

I created this design at 19×25 as an oversize print, but I’m not sure that will be big enough for the placement I want. I tried running a trace on it and turning it into vectors, but some of my shapes got distorted. I can fix this manually, but it will take me forever and a day. I’m not a fan of that concept. The design is entirely selection based, so it was easily reproduced at a larger size, but now I can’t get the file to open again. I have Corel Painter 11 and Corel Draw X5 Graphics Suite, both of which have served me fairly well so far. The problem seems to be my hardware. When I try to open the larger file in painter it tells me there isn’t enough disk space to virtualize the image. I’ve been working with this software for awhile. I never had a problem like this before, but the only time I’ve ever worked with a file this large was in college on a brand spanking new mac that was set up specifically for working on graphics. Any suggestions?

!http://www.foundmyself.com/gallery/albums/userpics/33083/DAY-dream1.jpg

3 Replies

slamgirl65 slamgirl65 Artist from Michigan, United States

The Design:

Infinitesimal Infinitesimal Artist from United States

Sounds like you need a better graphics card.

slamgirl65 slamgirl65 Artist from Michigan, United States

I’ve suspected as much in the past. I think I’ll see if I can borrow a friend’s computer until I can find a better card at the right price. Thanks for the tip.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember