Limited Edition Tank Tops

Wolf design critique?

7sixes
posted by 7sixes • 2 years ago

I posted in WIP thread but that thread has died…

I made this design a while back for a design competition but now I might try it here…and I know it’ll be tough because of the overdone “Wolf” theme. Any comments/criticism/ideas would be great!

12 Replies

Victra Victra Artist from

Could maybe move the wolf down some, The composition is kind of weak since the space could be used at the bottom. Maybe even by centering the design and making it a tad smaller this could potentially work a lot better!

makai makai Artist from United Kingdom

Ok, just playing: I like the shape of the sympathetic aggro-eyes and the teeth. If it was my work, first i would set some contrasty color to the eyes, maybe bright orange, since the diagonal composition is so very dynamic, that it almost pushes my view out towards the upper right. Then i would distort the straight diagonal into a slightly more organic movement, like a slightly s shaped-sway of the head. The little squares in the blur could be any other shape, and i would want them to blend more into the movement. I dont really recognize a wolf, it could even be a tiger or a very wild cat, but thats ok to me. To finish I would play with colors, placement and size. Was that too much now?

Ah, and if in the end i would still be missing the individual bit in the whole piece, i’d add something very specific or absurd for a change. maybe a strangely-patterned handknitted woollen jumper on the presumable body of the catwolf. and some cute toy, completely bitten to rags, in front of the creature :)

7sixes 7sixes Artist from Minnesota, United States

thankssssssss!

ok, today i see my 2 above comments as some rather halfserious freakouts… pardonne mee verry much! :D

bomazu bomazu Artist from United Kingdom

I actually quite liked the placement at the top. But was thinking if you could make it more trapezium shape rather than a square box, that might look a little more interesting? What do you think?

kashif11 kashif11 Human from Pakistan

Nice look, I suggest to put the scary hands of that Wolf also, It will reflect the art of a designer. And also by seeing this design of T-shirt I would like to advise you to design such owesome designs on the jackets also as per the demand of this season. What you people say?

Illestraider Illestraider Artist from United States

I think adding some smoke/breath coming out of its mouth will fill the empty space at the bottom, give it a cold setting and add a state of exhaustion to the wolf. Like its chasing something.

Omg…I love the smoke/breath idea… BADASS!!!

Illestraider Illestraider Artist from United States

@7sixes I think it looks hot. You could spread it out a little more to the right, to break up the tringle of empty space.

Darce Darce Human from

Smoke makes it look pretty cool. Feels like I’m being stalked by a wolf in a snowstorm!

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember