Looking for input, please.

dneasaw
posted by dneasaw • 2 years ago

Hey everyone. I’m a pretty new designer, hoping to get some input with this first piece I’m working on. I would like the snake to look like it’s interacting with the staff a little bit more, but on how to achieve that, I’m not sure. Anyway, any input would be very appreciated.

And for some reason, super not able to just post an embedded link. Whoops.

Thanks

6 Replies

dneasaw dneasaw Human from Alaska, United States

My computer is not showing a picture. Can anyone see it?

wotto wotto Staff: Creative Director from CA, United States

@wotto Thank you for the input, Wotto. Appreciate that. I do have a question, though. When you say I should simply my work, but also add more elements to it, how to you mean?

wotto wotto Staff: Creative Director from CA, United States

I mean instead of having a man, a snake and background elements just have one central item, maybe the snake? Build the design around a more central element. For example Hydro’s owl designs, they are owls but they have so many details, line work and smaller elements they are more interesting to look at. They draw the viewer in. You seem to have strong line work so I think you should build on that. I hope this helps to explain.

@wotto I’ve actually never considered that. I have to say though, fine detail has always been a weakness of mine. I honestly don’t think I have an ‘eye’ for it quite yet, but that might be a good project to attempt tackle. Thanks for the suggestion!

Any thoughts, other Humans?

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember