DBH History - The Beginning

Rkdoo
posted by Rkdoo • 4 years ago

Well, DBH just turned 3 and is a huge accomplishment. It has grown to be not just a t shirt store, but an opportunity for experienced and up and coming artists to share their work. Personally, i`ve known this site for like a year and a half but when i discovered it, for me, it was just a nice online shop with very nice designs. Only after a while, when i first discovered the voting pages, the forum, the community i decided to become a member and share my work.

To get to the reason of this post, i always wondered what was DBH like when they first “opened”. I mean, now they give 750$ every single day to a new artist, i don`t think they did that from the first day. Were there voting pages from the beginning or did they start like just an online shop with printed designs made by the “founders” of the site? I study bussiness in college and i`m really curious on how did DBH start their bussiness and how did they grow.

11 Replies

Oddeti Oddeti Artist from

http://www.designbyhumans.com/forums/show/763651

MusicByDesignBN MusicByDesignBN Human from

What was the first tshirt printed by DBH? I was always curious about that…and wished there was an archive of shirts for this place :)

thestray thestray Artist from United States

As you can see from Oddeti’s post Rkdoo, DBH has pretty much always had the same basic business model.Gotta give props to them for starting this and sustaining this and becoming one of the major t-shirt contest sites out there. A lot of other sites have come and gone in the blink of an eye. So these dudes are obviously pretty smart and work hard.

And that kind of ass kissery why I have a staff banner, haha. But honestly, mad respect for them.

D4N13L D4N13L Artist from Cochabamba, Bolivia

thestray said: As you can see from Oddeti’s post Rkdoo, DBH has pretty much always had the same basic business model.Gotta give props to them for starting this and sustaining this and becoming one of the major t-shirt contest sites out there. A lot of other sites have come and gone in the blink of an eye. So these dudes are obviously pretty smart and work hard.

And that kind of ass kissery why I have a staff banner, haha. But honestly, mad respect for them.

Hahaha, nice Stray :oD

Yeah, DBH rocked back in the days and they do it even harder now. Props to you guys!

choppre choppre Artist from Maryland, United States

yea I don’t even remember how I found this site but it was probably from deviantart back in 2008. Great site and I hope it has many more years in-stored for us :D

Jestik Jestik Human from
MusicByDesignBN said: What was the first tshirt printed by DBH? I was always curious about that…and wished there was an archive of shirts for this place :)

Tiny.Cue.Cards Tiny.Cue.Cards Artist from

I clicked on the shirt above to check out its catalog page, and the third comment it has, by one ImpossibleJosh, made me laugh out loud.

BondageBoyScout BondageBoyScout Human from

That’s not all that unusual.

Rkdoo Rkdoo Artist from Bucharest, Romania

Well, mad respect for DBH for what they did. Starting strong with a 5000$ contest…that`s something. Props to their trust in designers to make artwork for them and themselves at the same time

thestray thestray Artist from United States
StagnantLife said: That’s not all that unusual.

It isn’t?

mj00 mj00 Artist from United States

Slight correction, Jestik- the Robot design was the first contest winner, but not the first print on the site. Prior to announcing contest winners, the catalog included the shirts in Oddetti’s link (which were not voted on).

My first buy was Black Market :)
http://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/detail/472

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission