Thread For Bad Days

Karyn2002
posted by Karyn2002 • 4 years ago

So, I figured we’ve got a random thread and a comedy thread, but I thought it’d be nice to have a thread where people can come if they’re having a bad day and receive a little pat on the back/cyber hug from their DBH friends.I figured whether people wanted to say “my day sucks because xyz” or “I’m just having a bad day…,” the rest of us could just kinda rally around them and post stuff to cheer them up – be it videos, jokes, or whatever.

A thread for cheering people up, if you will.

I’ll start. My day sucked and it’s hot and humid as balls here, so I didn’t sleep well and probably won’t sleep again – and I’d love a lil pat on the metaphorical back.

19 Replies

frogafro frogafro Artist from Philippines

tap tap on you karyn :D

RadoSan RadoSan Artist from

“My day sucked and it’s hot and humid as balls here, so I didn’t sleep well and probably won’t sleep again”

Summertime and the living is easy, just enjoy the warmth (I don’t know if this word even exists :D), make yourself a mojito, listen to Santana, call friends and start a water battle…the best way to defeat the heat is to do something. Later, report what you came up with.

Karyn2002 Karyn2002 Human from United States

Haha, AW! You’re sweet. My day’s feeling better already.

Also… my solution to hot/humid days is to hide in my apt in front of a fan, haha. Though, the other day I ended up going swimming, haha. — and I don’t drink, so mojitios are out, haha.

Tiny.Cue.Cards Tiny.Cue.Cards Artist from

Does anyone want to go see Smashmouth perform at the CA midstate fair with me? they play at 6:30 and 8:30. Come on people, i don’t want to go alone, but i will if i have to!

BondageBoyScout BondageBoyScout Human from

Cut-Copy 2 shows in the states- Chicago and NYC. A must see if you’re into electronic.

CrazypantsJones CrazypantsJones Human from
Tiny.Cue.Cards said: Does anyone want to go see Smashmouth perform at the CA midstate fair with me? they play at 6:30 and 8:30. Come on people, i don’t want to go alone, but i will if i have to!

I would LOVE to go, but alas, geography has failed me again. It would be quite a drive. :(

CrazypantsJones said:
Tiny.Cue.Cards said: Does anyone want to go see Smashmouth perform at the CA midstate fair with me? they play at 6:30 and 8:30. Come on people, i don’t want to go alone, but i will if i have to!

I would LOVE to go, but alas, geography has failed me again. It would be quite a drive. :(

Ditto. Besides, I’d LOVE to hang with Tiny IRL, she seems so badass, haha.

CrazypantsJones CrazypantsJones Human from

You know, everyone on here seems pretty badass and like they’d be really cool to spend time with, whether its a concert or a three am Krispy Kreme run. :)

Haha, I definitely think so, haha.

See, why can’t y’all live around here!? I don’t like anyone in Dekalb NEARLY as much as I like y’all. Maybe people like y’all live out here, but I’ve never met them…

thestray thestray Artist from United States

Karyn2002 said: Haha, I definitely think so, haha.

See, why can’t y’all live around here!? I don’t like anyone in Dekalb NEARLY as much as I like y’all. Maybe people like y’all live out here, but I’ve never met them…

But then we’d have to live in Dekalb, so…

Haha, TRUE. Hell, I barely want to live here. If the commute wouldn’t be a bitch I’d still live back in the suburbs, haha.

Also, “around here” could be in Chicago, haha. Chicago isn’t bad.

thestray thestray Artist from United States

I’m sure Chicago’s cool, and I’d totally like to visit there among other places. But I love living in LA, a lot of people talk trash about LA, but it’s home sweet home to me.

Haha, perhaps.

Tiny.Cue.Cards Tiny.Cue.Cards Artist from

Update: The concert was awesome! I went by myself, met some neat people, all of whom asked me to be their facebook friend (but I had to turn them down because I don’t have a FB page). I took that as a compliment still = )

And people, guys AND girls, NEVER underestimate the attractive power of confidence. I swear, when the fat old guy walked up on stage in his Affliction shirt and $300 ripped/faded jeans, I thought “has been.” But after watching them move and sing and rock out to their own music . . . well, let’s just say by the end, I kinda wanted to have sex with them all.

Takeaway: confidence is hot

zerobriant zerobriant Artist from Cebu City, Philippines

i caught a flu :( can’t work on any art either…:(..i need a hug! :D

D4N13L D4N13L Artist from Cochabamba, Bolivia

@Zero, bro, it will pass. sending a cyber pat on the back and hoep you get well soon :o) Rock on dude, let yoyr awesomeness defeat that darn flu! (and drink a LOT of water hehe)

D4N13L D4N13L Artist from Cochabamba, Bolivia

@Karyn, I hope your hot/humid as balls days have neded and some cool ones are on the way. Like my mom used to sat “no hay mal que dure cien años” something like “bad days/ inconvenients never last a hundred years” I know, sounds waaaay better in spanish :o)

@Tiny, SMASHMOUTH ROCKS!! they are awesome, I would’ve loved to go with with but, you know I’m a couple of hundred thounsand miles away from there and, like Mrs. Buzatron said, it would’ve been quite a ride :oD And absolutely yes, confidence is hot, look at me, I’m not the hotness in flesh but my wife (who happens to be a total hottie) loves me for who I am and what I stand for so, I’ve got the “other” hotness going on, oh yeah ;o)

One of m favorite musicals is Avenue Q and they have a song titled “For Now” – the message of which is everything in life is only for now. “Don’t stress, relax, let life roll off your back, except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now.”

Also, I got a phone number today, haha – my first in over a year (though it’s not for someone I’m going to date, lol, he has a GF).

AND I discovered that there’s a job opening I REALLY REALLY want, and I’m potentially qualified and I’m SO going to apply, just to try, ya know?

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission