freelance or Office slave?

ritzh
posted by ritzh • 5 years ago

do you prefer what?

20 Replies

DBH_coupon_codes DBH_coupon_codes Human from

Freelance ofcourse
You don’t owe nothing to anybody, it’s the best.
Plus! you can set the payment size!

ritzh ritzh Artist from Philippines

For how long? how about financial security?

DBH_coupon_codes DBH_coupon_codes Human from

But if you are a good freelance, you will have 10 clients everyday.
I call that a financial security!

heavyprints heavyprints Artist from Alabama, United States

I have been freelancing for about 4 months now. It’s far more rewarding than any dayjob I’ve ever had. It just feels good to be recognized for your work, and to do something you love.

I’d rather sit around and draw monsters all day for a meager living than to be rich doing something with no soul.

heavyprints said: I have been freelancing for about 4 months now. It’s far more rewarding than any dayjob I’ve ever had. It just feels good to be recognized for your work, and to do something you love.

I’d rather sit around and draw monsters all day for a meager living than to be rich doing something with no soul.

love that

biotwist biotwist Artist from new jersey, United States

right now I wish I was an office slave. just tell me what to do and pay. I find its easier to solve other peoples problems then my own

mikefriedrich mikefriedrich Artist from Germany

freelancing in illustration & design since 2001. did some “major client” jobs as freelancer too, like art direction for laFraise or Cyroline and Store Management TheDerby. but i love to have the freedom to choose, what i want to do.

Snowy Snowy Artist from Texas, United States

I’d rather have an office job right now. It’s been hard for me to find freelance projects right now. :/

gilmoreart gilmoreart Artist from United States

Freelance with a side order of occasional general labor gigs.
Last year was my first year outa college and freelancing full-time, for the majority I spent developing a children’s book with a writer, finished illustrating and printing it in dec 08. While illustrating I did many commissions (designs, tees, flyers, illos) and sometimes labor jobs, moving, landscaping, cement mixing to help with bills. There is nothing better for someone who loves art then to try and do it full-time. Money isn’t everything… and security? People get laid off all the time, there is no security.

Dara Dara Artist from

both. I work a little over 30 hours a week at my day job and then I run Dara on the side.

Im a freelance then become an in-house artist then back to freelance, its a little saturating to work everyday designing shirts at office but the bright side of it, is that you have a stable monthly income.. Unlike in freelance which is like fishing in the lake, sometimes you go home with a smile sometimes you dont. but I still prefer freelance.. I love the freedom. I want fish =)

jimiyo jimiyo Artist from United States

I want to become famous, and not freelance or do 9-5… Famous, not for the attention, but so I can do whatever art I want to create and have people buy it. Freelance is cool, but it’s still a jobby job if you are being directed as far as how you are to create your art…

biotwist biotwist Artist from new jersey, United States

that’s every artist dream but sometimes necessity this the catalyst to success. my best work has been done under preshure

peep peep Artist from

Having done both since leaving Uni I would have to say at this moment I prefer the office job. Because even though there isn’t a lot going on I’m able to come home with a weekly paycheck and not have to work extra hard to find those jobs that are going to pay for my rent. But also just being around people with the same mindset. Having spent some time doing freelance, I prefer to be within a space that I can bounce off ideas with the other designers around me and also learn things off them that I wouldn’t have been able to just working by myself. It also provides me with time to do my own work when it’s quiet and so I still get that chance to work on designs that are mine. But hey, each to their own and if you can make a go being freelance designer then that’s awesome!

song song Artist from Dubai, UAE / Manila, Philippines

i have to go for “both” this time.. :) whenever i have free time at the office, i do designs for my self as well as do some freelance stuff for friend-related clients.. just so happened that my superiors here are not that strict when it comes to these kinds of things. for heavy freelance stuff i do it at home after work.. hehe

jimiyo said: I want to become famous, and not freelance or do 9-5… Famous, not for the attention, but so I can do whatever art I want to create and have people buy it. Freelance is cool, but it’s still a jobby job if you are being directed as far as how you are to create your art…

haha i have to agree with this!! hehe too bad you and the110 didn’t get the win for the bestees contest..

daftnation daftnation Artist from

freelance, i guess you could say the man is not getting me down.

TrickinSid TrickinSid Artist from

Both…
It would be great to do freelance only…but the thought of saying, ok
I’ll give up regular pay, retirement…insurance, etc…is kinda scary.
At my job there are a few that stand around and talk most of the day which
drives me crazy!......so I sneek in a little freelance at work also to even it out…ha ;)

Snowy Snowy Artist from Texas, United States

Has anybody done freelance and your client wants to meet you in person? I think it’s kinda… weird.

Snowy said: Has anybody done freelance and your client wants to meet you in person? I think it’s kinda… weird.

yeah..some clients that i know personally..its always good to have those people you can be sure of making a deal.. :)

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember