Apparel Placement

PrimePremne
posted by PrimePremne • 2 months ago

How do you edit the placement or position of the design on the apparel once it has been approved? I could only change the colors available but not the design’s orientation. Thank you!

9 Replies

Sushilove Sushilove Artist from Spain

you can’t… you will have to delete it and upload again

Inked Inked Staff: Community Manager from California, United States

Sushilove is correct. We currently don’t allow placement changes to approved products. Depending on what you’re wanting to do with the placement, we may be able to help you out or you can follow Sushilove’s advice and remove the product and re-upload.

PrimePremne PrimePremne Human from California, United States

Thank you Sushilove and Inked for the response. Well, it’s just that when my design was approved and a preview of the design worn by the models, I noticed that the preview shows it having no allowance or margin from the sides of the model. I don’t know if the models show what the shirt look like when printed, I just wanted to minimize the print to have some margin to be safe.

Sushilove Sushilove Artist from Spain

I think your art is ok. The model preview can look like that sometimes, but it’s the preview on the t-shirt that gives you a better perspective of what it will look like when printed

The flat preview is the exact printable area your design will take up.

The model shot is effectively our best representation of what your design will look like when worn. Accounting for the fabric which will be pulled back on the shoulders and around the side of the body. It obviously is a bit different based on the model because their body types are different.

My team and I have been working on some stuff to allow you to preview items prior to committing them to be built, I just don’t know how long it will be until that sees the light of day with all the other things we’re working on.

Like I said, if you need assistance with a minor change feel free to ask. Major changes I don’t approve usually though, as it negatively effects the customer experience unless there is a compelling reason.

Thanks again Sushilove and Inked. I do hope allowing to preview items before committing becomes a reality. If you insist, the minor change I need is only to minimize the “Galactic Bark” (Groot plus Jurassic Park) design I have since it is huge that it hits the side of the model preview. That’s all. I’d re-upload the whole thing if it’s a bother.

Hello again Inked, I have a followup question. If the design made a sale already and you take it down, so does the earnings? I don’t know how the earnings will be recorded on the dashboard if the design has been removed so I am assuming it would disappear as well and I can’t re-upload the design with the desired placement on the apparel.

The earnings do not go away if the product is deleted. All that is tracked separately from the dashboard which is entirely a visual thing.

As far as your product, I’ve scaled the image down for you to fit the chest width of the model. Give it 10-15 minutes for caching to update and you should see the changes.

I’ve seen the adjustments made on the placement and it’s perfect! Thanks so much. I’ll be now more careful positioning designs before submission.

• Reason for reporting this post:

• Note: this is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, illegal, and abusive posts/replies.

Please log in to add your comment.

Login

Forgot Password?
or
Login with Facebook

• One less password to remember
  • Easily share with your friends
  • We never post without your permission

Register, New Human!

or
Join DBH with Facebook

• One less password to remember